Recommendations??

• Members

I need to write up a proposal for a small portable recording setup for work. 1 or 2 channel computer audio interface (USB most likely - need to be able to be on a laptop and be switched between machines as necessary), decent condensor mic (so the interface has to have phantom) and possibly inexpensive 2-track editing software for PC (at home I'm mostly on mac, so I'm not really up on the PC side of things) - although we may be using Audacity. We'll see how that pans out.

Has anyone used Audition from Adobe? We have a lot of Adobe stuff, so that might be something they trust ( the boss tends to stick with what she knows...)

The interface is key, though. Something in the under $200 range that comes with a lot of happy customer testimonials??

• Members

Check out the US144 from Tascam or the MobilPre from M Audio. Both are under $200, come with lite editing software versions (Abletone Live, or Cubase), and work on both Mac and PC.

Add a Digital Reference DRCX1 mic or a Marshall MXL for $100 and you're good to go.

Archived