Call your plumber at 867-5309

• Members

Or, call your lawyer :D

Two years ago, Gem Plumbing & Heating of Lincoln, R.I., sensing a marketing opportunity, trademarked 867-5309 for its phone number, making it the centerpiece of an ad campaign. The family-owned firm also uses the number in a spoof of the song on TV and radio ads in southern New England.

Now Gem is battling in court with a national company, Clockwork Home Services, that has been using a toll-free version of the number.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

An attorney has a leaky pipe. He calls the plumber, who comes out and spends about a half hour fixing it...and gives the attorney a bill for $200.

The attorney gasps and says "Holy {censored}, I'm an attorney and I don't make that much!!!"

The plumber replies..."Yeah, I didn't make that much when I was an attorney, either".

• Members

I wish I was a plumber.

:freak:

Of all the various construction/maint/contracting I've done, plumbing is the worst. Yeah, you may make $30/40 an hour (more on an emergency call...like $80)...but talk about a shitty job. Doing re-wires on old houses (usually a seriously scary crawlspace) can result in exploratory adventures you'd wish you didn't enjoy.

And plumbing is the same, with assorted fluids. I think I'll pass. Good luck with it, though. Let us know how that wish turns out.

:D

• Members

An attorney has a leaky pipe. He calls the plumber, who comes out and spends about a half hour fixing it...and gives the attorney a bill for $200.

The attorney gasps and says "Holy {censored}, I'm an attorney and I don't make that much!!!"

The plumber replies..."Yeah, I didn't make that much when I was an attorney, either".

Ah, I see now.

Archived