A case study in quality control/usability

• Members

I don't see a submit button in either FF 2 or IE7 running in XP. I'm thinking that suggests that at least about 80-90% of folks may not be seeing a submit button.

Try 100%. I looked at the source code. No submit button in the code at all. Nice QC. :rolleyes:

• Members

Try 100%. I looked at the source code. No submit button in the code at all. Nice QC.
:rolleyes:

I have to be getting paid to look at code...

:D

PS... I also notice he/she forgot to give the web page a TITLE... (I'm always doing that too but I'm 99% sure I have NEVER put up a web form that didn't have a submit button -- for more than the 30 seconds it took me to load the page and go, "WTF is WRONG with me?!?")

• Members

I have to be getting
paid
to look at code...

Funny, that was my same reaction earlier. A quick scan to ease my mind that there wasn't some invisible button there and we were all experiencing a moment of mass hysteria and delusion, though, made those 20 seconds worthwhile. :D

But no... no way to submit the form mailto action. Nice! I guess "HTML For Dummies" might need a remedial version. :D :D :D

• Members

Funny, that was my same reaction earlier. A quick scan to ease my mind that there wasn't some
invisible
button there and we were all experiencing a moment of mass hysteria and delusion, though, made those 20 seconds worthwhile.

But no... no way to submit the form mailto action. Nice! I guess "HTML For Dummies" might need a remedial version.

Some people just have to pull apart all of life's little mysteries...

Spoiler.

:D;):D

• Members

See... I'm more the Berkeley/Hume camp... I think the answer is in here...

... somewhere.

I just saw it the other day. Maybe it's under that pile of stuff in the corner of my mind... the one with the monkey demons hiding behind it, snickering.

• Members

I didn't see a submit button also but I wonder how long you guys thought : "Why the F... is he seeing one and I can't???"

Hahahaha....

about 1/30 of a second --- been down the WOMM path too many times I suppose

I have to be getting paid to look at code...

you know it!

"I need 50 dollar to make you holler, I get paid to do the wild thang"

• Members

OK so here's the quiz at the end.

If you are informed that your website is running a contest and someone points out that there is no way to enter the contest, do you:

a) Quietly insert the missing code.

b) Fix the code, and make a good-natured, self-deprecating joke about it.

h-c) Get rid of the giveaway altogether.

:freak:

btw, I'm not obsessed with this. I just thought it was a nice bass from a manufacturer that I hadn't dealt with in the past.

Archived