Lost Ten Tribes of Israel went all the way to...Japan?

• Members

Link to page

They've been credited with going to quite a few places. Joseph Smith credits them with going to The New World.

This site, which I'm not sure how I stumbled across, says that they kept going all the way along the Silk Road, eventually going to Japan.

map.jpg

He also compares certain Japanese rituals to Israeli ones.

I have no idea whether I buy this one or not, but as always, I try and keep an open mind.

• Members

Here's something else from the web site:

The ancient kingdom of Israel, which consisted of 12 tribes, was in 933 B.C.E. divided into the southern kingdom of Judah and the northern kingdom of Israel. The 10 tribes out of 12 belonged to the northern kingdom and the rest to the southern kingdom. The descendants from the southern kingdom are called Jews. The people of the northern kingdom were exiled to Assyria in 722 B.C.E. and did not come back to Israel. They are called "the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel." They were scattered to the four corners of the earth. We find the descendants of the Israelites not only in the western world, but also in the eastern world especially along the Silk Road. The following peoples are thought by Jewish scholars to be the descendants of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel.

Yusufzai

They live in Afghanistan. Yusufzai means children of Joseph. They have customs of ancient Israelites.

Pathans

They live in Afghanistan and Pakistan. They have the customs of circumcision on the 8th day, fringes of robe, Sabbath, Kashrut, Tefilin, etc.

Kashmiri people

In Kashmir they have the same land names as were in the ancient northern kingdom of Israel. They have the feast of Passover and the legend that they came from Israel.

Knanites

In India there are people called Knanites, which means people of Canaan. They speak Aramaic and use the Aramaic Bible.

Menashe tribe

In Myanmar (Burma) and India live Menashe tribe. Menashe is Manasseh, and the Menashe tribe is said to be the descendants from the tribe of Manasseh, one of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. They have ancient Israeli customs.

Chiang-Min tribe

They live in China and have ancient Israeli customs. They believe in one God and have oral tradition that they came from far west. They say that their ancestor had 12 sons. They have customs of Passover, purification, levirate marriage, etc. as ancient Israelites.

Kaifeng, China

It is known that there had been a large Jewish community since the time of B.C.E..

Japan

I am going to discuss this on this website.

• Members

It doesn't go on to discuss what the significance (if any) of locating the 10 tribes. D'you suppose this means they'll all return to Jerusalem to kick off the armageddon or something?

According to Frankie Goes To Hollywood, you only need

for that. ;)

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Since I came across this site, I've also come across this theory that it was Jesus' brother who was crucified, a rather brutal substitution, and that Jesus then fled across the mountains, eventually coming to Japan, where he married a Japanese woman and bore three sons. There is a burial site with a cross on top. Wow. I don't have the link for this anymore, but if you Google it, several sites will pop up.

• Members

According to Frankie Goes To Hollywood, you only need
two tribes
for that.
;)

Best,

Geoff

great video, but I must confess I couldn't understand a single word of the lyrics.

So I dug this up:

Two Tribes

(gill/johnson/o'toole)

Ladies and gentlemen, let me present

Frankie goes to hollywood

Possibly the most important thing

This side of the world.

Oh yeah, well ard!

You may pronounce us guilty a thousand times over, but the goddess of the

Eternal court of history will smile and tear to tatters the brief of the

State prosecutor and the sentence of this court, for she acquits us

Condemn me

Condemn me

Condemn me

History will absolve

Singing this will be the day that I die.

Yeahhhhhaaaa

(if your grandmother or any other member of your family should die whilst in the shelter,

Put them outside, but remember to tag them first for identification purposes.)

Go to war

Go to war

Go to war

Heh

Just think, war breaks out and nobody turns up.

(if any member the family should die whilst in the shelter, put them outside,

But remember to tag them first for identification purposes.)

(if your grandmother or any other member of the family should die whil... ...dentification purposes.)

Heh heh

It's enough to make you wonder sometimes if you're on the right planet.

Let's go

*when two tribes go to war

A point is all you can score

When two tribes go to war

Cowboy no. 1

A born-again poor man's son

On the air america

I modelled shirts by van heusen-yeah

You know

*(repeat)

Working on the black gas

Switch off your shield

Switch off and feel

I'm working on loving-yeah

Giving you back the good times

Ship it out-out

I'm working for the black gas

*(repeat)

We got two tribes

We got the bomb

We got the bomb-yeah

Sock it to me biscuits-now

Are we living in a land

Where sex and horror are the new gods?

Yeah

When two tribes go to war

• Members

A Rabbi walks into a sushi bar

that's all I've got so far.
;)

Keep working on it - it's got promise.

As far as the the original post..... I haven't read the article yet. But as a former seminary student (years and years back), I would say you'd be suprised at how global some of the biblical legacy could be. For example, look at the Magi who foretold the Birth of Christ, they were from the "East" bringing gifts that likely were from the Orient (or at least more East than Israel).

There were even Jewish communities in Africa, of people who had converted to Judiasm, and these were likely true Africans (i.e. they were likely black).

• Members

Keep working on it - it's got promise.

As far as the the original post..... I haven't read the article yet. But as a former seminary student (years and years back), I would say you'd be suprised at how global some of the biblical legacy could be. For example, look at the Magi who foretold the Birth of Christ, they were from the "East" bringing gifts that likely were from the Orient (or at least more East than Israel).

There were even Jewish communities in Africa, of people who had converted to Judiasm, and these were likely true Africans (i.e. they were likely black).

Yes, actually, I've been in Jewish enclaves in Africa, so I've seen this firsthand. The scattering of the Lost Ten Tribes was quite significant, and with new DNA testing, they've shown that they have gone to Afghanistan, Iran, North Africa, India, and Kashmir (so far). Wow.

The Magi....well, I've read books by several Biblical scholars feel that they may really be from the East...as in...they were Buddhist. This also isn't very far-fetched, as Buddhism had easily spread all over by that time, reaching Judea and other places, so they didn't even necessarily have to be from as far away as India (they could have been right around the corner!), although they could have been from India.

Archived