How is Bruce doing?

steveg

• Members

Is he okay? Did his studio get finished?

Steve.... I'm doing great. Thank you for asking.

Yes my studio is up and running. I am doing wonderful music in it. Just finished a great project for Windom Hill. Jeff Oster, the Flugle and Trumpet dude. Never heard better!

I'm doing a number of other projects.(All happily - EXCELLENT MUSIC!!!)

Thanks again.....

Bruce

• Members

Steve.... I'm doing great. Thank you for asking.

Yes my studio is up and running. I am doing wonderful music in it. Just finished a great project for Windom Hill. Jeff Oster, the Flugle and Trumpet dude. Never heard better!

I'm doing anumber of other projects.

Thanks again.....

Bruce

Great to hear it and Best to you !

• Members

Glad to read you're doing well Bruce, I still enjoy listening to your wonderful sounding Count Basie and Michael Jackson recordings on MP3, that sounds way better than many CD's.

Keep up the good work and remember, music first! :thu:

• Members

Glad to read you're doing well Bruce, I still enjoy listening to your wonderful sounding Count Basie and Michael Jackson recordings on MP3, that sounds way better than many CD's.

Keep up the good work and remember, music first!
:thu:

Han.....

Thanks. MP3's are great aren't they? I love em'.

If you represent yourself with great sounding music and recordings, an MP3 will not let you down. (Not like cassettes and some other doo-doo did....)

Bruce

• Members

Glad to hear it Bruce.
:thu:
I was thinking about you the other day when I opened up the latest issue of EQ and saw your smiling face in it.
:)

Philla-Dilla....

Not too bad, my photo in EQ, was it? They gave me a digital haircut, too.

Bruce

:p:p:p

• Members

Hey Bruce

Cool to see such a heavyweight bother to stop by ;)

(I mean as in one who's achieved in their craft, I didn't mean to imply you should lay off the cheesecake or anything :D)

Mind if I ask a knitpicky detail?

So a few days ago, I was randomly spinning stuff on the ole player and "Somethin' special" comes on

Well, the weird part as I was listening was I got a really good sense of the positioning of the drum kit (I mean during the snare hits I would sort of bob my head to where, spatially, the snare actually "was")

I dont know if it was actually ome kind of binaural type deal or just really clever, subtle panning (if it was it was REALLY good without being cheesy wide)

Now one thing it felt "backward" like maybe I was on the audience side of the kit

I think that got my brain itching for a few days on the subject of recording from a player's perspective or an audience perspective

but it didn't really come out til I started thinking about being between the tumbas on a sitar (I think the drums just made me prick up my ears to that a bit more and give it some back-brain thought)

anyway - anything you want to share with the class about that rack and your thinking on the rhtyhm section on that? -- it was really neat, because it felt very "present" without being cotton-candy, super stereo ridicu-huge

• Members

(Not like cassettes and some other doo-doo did....)

Hi Bruce, Well I think I still have a couple sealed TDK-HXS-Pro Cassettes around here I've been saving for a special occation :lol: It doesn't seem too long ago I was on a constant search for them as they were getting hard to find !!!!

Can't wait to see the new pic's of the studio.

Russ

Nashville

Archived