SE Mastering Studio Monitoring - New

• Members

MASTERING STUDIOS 1 - 12

4_mastering.jpg

After in-depth evaluations the sound engineers of SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT INC. (Japan), chose the MASTERING STUDIO MONITORS developed by SE: "We have never heard such accurate MASTERING STUDIO MONITOR speakers ever before.

SONY MUSIC STUDIOS Tokyo, Japan: Sony Music Studios Tokyo.pdf

• Members

AUTHORING STUDIOS 1 - 4

5_authoring.jpg

Authoring Studio 3 at SONY MUSIC STUDIOS with SE Monitoring.

Against the background of the increasing intertwining of audio-visuals in film and music video productions the remarkable high quality of the AUTHORING STUDIO interface gains special significance.

1_loby.jpg

SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT (JAPAN) INC. 2001

Architectural Design: Obayashi Corporation Architects and Engineers

Tokyo Acoustical Design: studio bau:ton, Los Angeles

Acoustical Construction: Nittobo Acoustic Engineering Co., Ltd., Tokyo

Mastering Studio Monitor and Acoustical Tuning: STRAUSS Ltd., Bern Switzerland.

SONY MUSIC STUDIOS Tokyo, Japan: Sony Music Studios Tokyo.pdf

• CMS Author
so it's back to horns. I wish someone would design a state of the art dual concentric.

Somebody sort of has. Check out the Equator speakers (http://www.equatoraudio.com). It's a rather small box with a coaxial woofer and horn designed by the same guy who designed the Altec 604. They sounded pretty good in their demo room at the AES show.

• Members

Somebody sort of has. Check out the Equator speakers (
). It's a rather small box with a coaxial woofer and horn designed by the same guy who designed the Altec 604. They sounded pretty good in their demo room at the AES show.

Thanks Mike - that's exactly what I was wanting, aka the Urei 813 which was a modified 604..

• Members

The SE monitors have a higher resolution then anything available on the market.

The freqency range of the Sony special custom made model (Jurgen installed 32 monitors at the Tokyo studios), is flat from 20 Hz to 48 Khz. The Sony engineers demanded an additional ribbon tweeter for their model in order to author high resolution content up to 96 Khz sample rate.

Group delay time is optimised to an accuracy of 8 microsecond (two samples at 48kHz are about 20 microsecond). The brain is capable to detect interaural time delays down to 10 microsecond.

The high accuracy, the better 3D picture, as well the kinetic energy is fabulous. Quite a few recording engineer will be surprised once hearing their past work on this monitors. I tested dozens Pop, Classical and Jazz compact disk in the acoustical optimized demo room, it is more often a letdown then not what came apparent. This monitors reveal the slightest deficit.

I think what Jurgen developed, can be compared to what George Neumann did to microphones.

The rest has to be heard ----> make an appointment with us.

.... That's about as uninspired a design as I've seen. Not that has to look pretty to sound good, but it couldn't have hurt, for that level of expense, to give a little attention to appearance.

Yes, I don't like this interior design either, but that's SONY, the folks there have to work, not looking out the window. I wouldn't even work in any studio without a view.

• Members

They definitely didn't waste any of their money on industrial design. That's about as uninspired a design as I've seen. Not that has to look pretty to sound good, but it couldn't have hurt, for that level of expense, to give a little attention to appearance.

Call me old fashioned but I think the first rule of purposeful, elegant design is that form follows function. I assume they were designed in the fashion they were to serve their primary task: no compromise audio reproduction for canines and bats (actually, I think they fall rather short on the bat front -- about an octave below the bat's echolocation sensing).

:D

Archived