No announcement yet.

RIP Porter Wagoner, too

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dave,

I'll meet you at the Big Rock at the far end of the parking lot, if you'd like to hook up.

Russ
    Nashville

Dang it, Russ - I wasn't able to go today - I went to the thing at the Tennessee State Museum last night, though...
    Dave Martin
    Nashville, TN
    Java Jive Studio

Comment

Hey Dave,

WOW I almost went to the Museum Tue, but since they close at 5PM I still haven't made it. However I did see Marty a little while ago. PM me your info and I'll send you a little treat. Very touching service today.

Russ
      Nashville
      "In Order To Predict The Future .... Create It"

Comment

Years ago, a friend told me a story about two supposedly well-hung singers. One was Faron Young. I think the other was Porter. Something about an argument and one of them or both of them whupping it out at a bar to prove his was bigger or something like that.

It's a shame Huey Lewis and Chris Isaak weren't there.
        Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

TWO of these guys I've met....
          Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

Thanks Russ, I appreciate it.
            Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Comment

Hey Dave,

WOW I almost went to the Museum Tue, but since they close at 5PM I still haven't made it. However I did see Marty a little while ago. PM me your info and I'll send you a little treat. Very touching service today.

Russ
              Nashville

Check out Beverly Keel's column in today's Tennessean; that shindig was 5:30-7:30. If you haven't seen it, by the way, go see the Sparkle and Twang exhibit before it closes on the 16th of November. It's way cool....

And thanks for the treats - very lovely.
              Dave Martin
              Nashville, TN
              Java Jive Studio

Comment

I discovered RFDTV on satellite a while ago and along with it reruns of the Porter Wagner show. These are from I guess around the midsixties. I'd not heard of Porter before this and I am fascinated. There is Porter along with a young Dolly Parton and Patsy Kline and an assortment of other country folk doing their thing entertaining the good solid folks of 1960's midamerica. Anyway, I figured Porter, behind all his piety singing the weekly hymm and so forth, for a real **************** hound, and I guess I was right. But so what. He could sing and looked great in those sequined suits. God rest him.
                Member: SG Army
                In rock n roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
                But Old Reliable is a Strat.

Like the Kingdom of Heaven the Fountain
                Of Youth is within us;
                If we seek it elsewhere, old shall we
                grow in the search.

Now, get off my cloud.

Comment

Working...
                X