OT: Screen goes black upon Mousover! )-:

rasputin1963

• Members

As Craig himself recently said, I would rather get three pertinent sentences from you guys-- and you guys are smart as a whip, I've seen it over and over--- than slog through hours on the Web... :phil:

It's like this... The windows of some of my apps go to black screen whenever I mouseover that window... (Both of them are 3D-animation-related, including the "Milk Drop" 3D Visualization included with Winamp.)

Then when I Mouse Out, the 3D picture resumes perfectly, instantly...

Wassup widdis? :confused: Any way to fix it?

• Members

Oh no! A Milk Drop drop-out?

Trippus interruptus, dude!

In answer to your question -- where'd you find a 3D Milk Drop? Do you have to wear special glasses? Color me, there, Daddy-O!

Oh wait... that wasn't an answer.

I don't know, actually. But you know what us Windows guys always say: check your drivers!

If you're not already (and you're using Windows, which I think you are but there's a lot of Mac guys around now, huh?), try using the generic Windows mouse driver (you'll lose fancy controls and what not but if it preserves Milk Drop, no cost is too great). If that works then you can see if there are updated drivers for your particular mouse if it's a fancy one.

• Members

Yeah, MILK DROP, if you'll check its configuration palettes, has 3D capabilities for red/cyan glasses. With some twiddling, you can get the image separation to be very dramatic.

I've done it quite a few times, and it can be very mesmerizing.... :freak::cool:

I think my favorite recording to listen to is the old-school classic, "Float On" by The Floaters. you remember, the ultra-slow groove in which each band member introduces himself, a-la:

Aquarius... And my name is Charles... and I like a girl who loves everthang and everbody.... And if you're that kind of girl, :blah::blah::blah:

...or that excruciatingly beautiful record by Brook Benton, "Rainy Night In Georgia".

• Members

Hey, blue2blue, I just checked the Winamp website, and D/L'd the latest Milk Drop.

Make no mistake, it's incredible.... but the latest version of it no longer has Anaglyph 3D capabilities... I do have an older version of it here, somewhere saved to CD-R, featuring Anaglyph 3D.... I'll have to install it and see whether itr's compatible with the latest Winamp 5.5.

PM me, and i'll send it your way via your home email...

Best, ras...

Archived