Craig Thanks for Answering MY PM NOT!!!

Songman68

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Have you ever read something, then put it off to the side for a more convenient time, then forgotten about it? Happens to the best of us - even, I dare say, to people you know.

If you want, try PMing him again. Being snotty doesn't work, at least not with my kids.

Craig is the nicest guy on these boards, so have patience and give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Members

The nerve of that guy! And after all the money you pay for this forum service. How can he even sleep at night?

I'm outraged. Simply outraged. I am boycotting PAIA.

Didn't say I was boycotting PAIA. All I said is that I would not be buying his reverb kit from PAIA becasue he didn't answer my questions. So stop being a smart arse about it.

• Members

Craig I wrote you a PM asking you if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and I have YET to hear back from you.
:mad:

I will now be lookin' for love in all the
right
places@!
:mad:

;)

:p

:D

I wanna be a willow! Can I be a willow?

They bend in the wind, see... not like the dumb old oak... sitting there like he owns everything -- ha! One little flood and there he is over on his side, that big, shallow root structure sticking up in the air -- 120 years gone to waste!

No, wait!

I change my mind...

I wanna be a Triffid...

• Moderators

I wanna be a willow! Can I be a willow?

They bend in the wind, see... not like the dumb old oak... sitting there like he owns everything -- ha! One little flood and there he is over on his side, that big, shallow root structure sticking up in the air -- 120 years gone to waste!

No, wait!

I change my mind...

I wanna be a
Triffid...

:love:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that was funny.
:thu:

+1 :lol:

Sometimes we miss emails and PM's - Things get busy, we see it but have to run to an appointment (and then it gets knocked off page one of our email list and we miss it the next time we check), etc. etc. I'm sure if you sent him a polite reminder, or second email he would get back to you.

I get a LOT of emails and calls requesting my POV about gear, or advice on techniques or whatever, and I'm not "Craig Anderton" - I can only imagine how much he's gotta be getting. And while I do my best to get back to everyone (as I'm sure Craig does too), it's not always the top of our priority list; what with having forums to oversee, recording sessions to attend to, articles to write (and in Craig's case, books, magazines to edit, etc. etc.), families to spend time with, etc.

Craig IS one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and as knowledgeable about gear as anyone I've ever met... and he does appear to enjoy helping people... but remember, he's taking the time out of his day to provide that help, and for free, and even though it's a product he designed, he's not the "sales rep" for it, and so when you're asking for his help, I'd advise a bit of patience and a little understanding, instead of letting frustration get the best of you. :wave:

• CMS Author

Craig I had a question about the reverb tank that you designed for PAIA and sent it to you, but you never answered it. So I guess I will not be buying your reverb tank kit form PAIA then.

Is that a treat? Or a promise?

Let's see. that project was probably around 25, maybe as much as 30 years ago. Out of couriosity, why do you want to buy one now?

Craig is a busy man, but he does get around to answering e-mail eventually. Maybe he figured that since it's really a "legacy" project, you weren't in all that much of a hurry so your mail went to the bottom of the pile.

You might try posting your question here. Unless you wanted to know something that only Craig would know (and I doubt if he rememberes what color shirt he was wearing when he first fired up the reverb) perhaps someone else could help you. I put together one of those Paia reverb kits a very long time ago. I still have it.

• Members

+1
:lol:

Sometimes we miss emails and PM's - Things get busy, we see it but have to run to an appointment (and then it gets knocked off page one of our email list and we miss it the next time we check), etc. etc. I'm sure if you sent him a polite reminder, or second email he would get back to you.

I get a LOT of emails and calls requesting my POV about gear, or advice on techniques or whatever, and I'm not "Craig Anderton" - I can only imagine how much he's gotta be getting. And while I do my best to get back to everyone (as I'm sure Craig does too), it's not always the top of our priority list; what with having forums to oversee, recording sessions to attend to, articles to write (and in Craig's case, books, magazines to edit, etc. etc.), families to spend time with, etc.

Craig IS one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and as knowledgeable about gear as anyone I've ever met... and he does appear to enjoy helping people... but remember, he's taking the time out of his day to provide that help, and for free, and even though it's a product he designed, he's not the "sales rep" for it, and so when you're asking for his help, I'd advise a bit of patience and a little understanding, instead of letting frustration get the best of you.
:wave:

I understand all that Phil. I know that he is a really busy man and he seems nice to me as well. Plus he has lots of obligations including family. Family always comes first and financial obligations come second.

As for the wait I feel I have been very patient. I sent the PM to him about three weeks a go and this is the first time I have mentioned a word about it. It doesn't matter now though because I did find my answer by doing more in depth research.

• Members

Is that a treat? Or a promise?

Let's see. that project was probably around 25, maybe as much as 30 years ago. Out of couriosity, why do you want to buy one now?

Craig is a busy man, but he does get around to answering e-mail eventually. Maybe he figured that since it's really a "legacy" project, you weren't in all that much of a hurry so your mail went to the bottom of the pile.

You might try posting your question here. Unless you wanted to know something that only Craig would know (and I doubt if he rememberes what color shirt he was wearing when he first fired up the reverb) perhaps someone else could help you. I put together one of those Paia reverb kits a very long time ago. I still have it.

How does it sound? I was looking to use it with a guitar amp instead of a PA. What application are you using it for?

Archived