What else is Bose up to?

Billster

• Members

What's the old Audio Engineer adage about Bose?

"No highs, no lows, must be Bose."

Or "Bose: Better sound thru marketing."

Yeah, I always get a kick out of that since all of the Bose gear I've heard sounds fantastic. I used to use a 501 PA system which sounded better than the equivalent mid-range, horn tweeter cabs from other companies. And the Bose system was small enough to fit in my trunk. The PAS is amazing.

• Members

Yeah, I always get a kick out of that since all of the Bose gear I've heard sounds fantastic. I used to use a 501 PA system which sounded better than the equivalent mid-range, horn tweeter cabs from other companies. And the Bose system was small enough to fit in my trunk. The PAS is amazing.

I really want one of those but the price is :freak: for how often I'd actually NEED it. Still - it's nice to dream!

• Members

I've had some Bose PA speakers for quite a while, and I'm not impressed. Small yes. Expensive yes. I think if you were to spend similar money on anything by JBL, EV, EAW, ect... you'd have a much better sounding system. Although not as small, granted.

But tone is subjective. If you like what you hear, all the more power to you.

• Members

I've had some Bose PA speakers for quite a while, and I'm not impressed. Small yes. Expensive yes. I think if you were to spend similar money on anything by JBL, EV, EAW, ect... you'd have a much better sounding system. Although not as small, granted.

Boy that sure hasn't been my experience. I've worked with JBL and EAW and never found them to sound appreciably better than the Bose system. Actually, the JBL ions didn't sound as good. But they were sure a lot bigger and clunkier.

I loved the Bose. Sounded great, easy on my back, and no more accidentally smashed fingers.

Bose takes a lot of {censored} from people for some reason, but I don't see other companies innovating their products the way Bose does. That PAS is a musician's dream come true.

• Members

The Citroen DS used a compressed air suspension system that, for the size and weight of the car, did a nice job of the compromise between ride and handling. Another advantage, to change tires, you just raised the suspension, blocked the car, and retracted the wheels. The Bose surround system my wife bought "for" me when we moved into the new house has never been as satisfying "to" me as the JBL Lancers they replaced. She never liked them because they were so big in "her" new living room.

OT comment: On principle, I don't buy products that Rush Limbaugh endorses. Bose is one of them. We have enough hate in the world without someone getting paid for stirring it up.

• Members

The Citroen DS used a compressed air suspension system that, for the size and weight of the car, did a nice job of the compromise between ride and handling. Another advantage, to change tires, you just raised the suspension, blocked the car, and retracted the wheels. The Bose surround system my wife bought "for" me when we moved into the new house has never been as satisfying "to" me as the JBL Lancers they replaced. She never liked them because they were so big in "her" new living room.

OT comment: On principle, I don't buy products that Rush Limbaugh endorses. Bose is one of them. We have enough hate in the world without someone getting paid for stirring it up.

I agree. Bose isn't on my 'A' list anyway, but if it's a Limbaugh sponsor, it'll never be a place where my dollars go.

• Members

Uhhh... I certainly agree with your opinion of Limbaugh, but the other part is just :freak:. I mean... Hitler was a vegetarian, does that make vegetarianism a bad thing? The company can't help it if he likes their products.

I certainly haven't met anyone from Bose who seems to espouse anything to do with Limbaugh, and from what I know if their founder, he doesn't either.

• Members

What's the old Audio Engineer adage about Bose?

"No highs, no lows, must be Bose."

Or "Bose: Better sound thru marketing."

I hope this 'innovation' is better than their speaker innovations.

I listened to a Bose system that's always hyped on TV in the store, and it sounded like muddy crap.

• Members

I think Bose is a lot like Marshall. There are good and their are bad. For example, do Valvestates sound good? But the Plexi is one of the most sought after tones.

That being said, I have the Bose Full sized center channel and love it. Price was good and size is great. Sound is phenomenal. Maybe the cubes don't do it for some people, but their full sized speakers are really nice.

Archived