The eBay ripoffs have started already

bbach

• Members

Gibson Robot Guitars: List price $2499, street price $2199, ebay ripoff $4200 clonk

The price is justified by using a Les Paul Custom price as an example. The Robot guitar is a Studio.

It's free enterprise. I don't know why it bothers me, but cripes, it just does. It seems so blatently dishonest.

• Members

That's just capitalism at work.

Most resellers work on 100% markup

give or take a few %...

If they weren't using eBay they'd

be advertising somewhere else.

Retailers/resellers/middlemen rely on their

customers naivet

• Members

I asked the seller to quit inferring that the robot guitar is a custom, so he reported me to eBay for harassment. However, he did change the wording in his listing. It's hilarious. He wrote "this is a studio for all of you from North Dorkota."

North Dorkota! I split a rib laughing. However, I don't think he should blame the rest of North Dakota just because I'm a dork. Actually, he might be dead on. We might all be dorks. Why else would we live here? Clean air, lots of space, low cost of living, jobs available, housing market solid. Just doesn't sound like an enlightened place to be.

• Members

I asked the seller to quit inferring that the robot guitar is a custom, so he reported me to eBay for harassment. However, he did change the wording in his listing. It's hilarious. He wrote "this is a studio for all of you from North Dorkota."

North Dorkota! I split a rib laughing. However, I don't think he should blame the rest of North Dakota just because I'm a dork. Actually, he might be dead on. We might all be dorks. Why else would we live here? Clean air, lots of space, low cost of living, jobs available, housing market solid. Just doesn't sound like an enlightened place to be.

You forgot "colder than hell to keep the riff-raff out." :D

Regarding the guitar thing, good for you for calling him out on his b.s.

• Members

Looks like the seller has had a change of heart....

===========================================

This Listing Is Unavailable

This listing (160187411383) has been removed or is

no longer available.

Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled.

Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will

no longer appear on eBay.

• Members

Actually, the fellow emailed me and said he was just trying to "stir things up" and he was going to list his robot guitars for around $3k after they were officially released. He has a 100% approval rating and seems like a decent sort. I just did not like the fact that he was advertising them as Gibson Customs when they are not.

• Members

I don't know guys...call me old school, I like to tune my own guitar.

You're soooooooooooo old school !!! ;)

One of my favorite guitarists of all time, Django Reinhardt,

had great difficulty tuning a guitar... his brother usually did it

for him.

One of my other fav guitarists of all time, Jimi Hendrix,

was constantly tuning and retuning...during and in between

songs.

• Members

I don't know guys...call me old school, I like to tune my own guitar.

It's ok to want to tune your own guitar manually, by ear, with the help of a tuner, a friend, or electronically. It doesn't matter. Being in tune does matter.

Archived