The direction of our society...

the stranger

• Members

I'm communicating with people all over the world, while I sit drinking coffee in a bathrobe. :cool: Telemarketers can't get through because I'm tying up the phone line with my...

4kpm [yes, minute] Earthlink dial up connection. The status indicator dialog box is showing a multitude of errors. See example "a" in included image.

dos.jpg

What's interesting is I just uploaded (ftp) that image at a 17.86Kbps transfer rate?

Could this be a hardware problem? My modem is about 6-7 years old. I've considered swapping it out. ;)

I've grown weary of the Earthlink customer service labyrinth. :D

None the less, I'm still surfing cyberspace...traveling the world on an web of information...the communication age does has it's benefits. Of course, unwanted phone calls not being one of them. ;)

• Members

I'd say the modem is the suxxors.

I would also say Earthlink is, too. I dumped them after seven or eight years, two years ago, for a service that provided everything they provided, and better...for 1/3 the cost. Earthlink royally pissed me off, and I let them know, under no uncertain terms, what they'd done to lose my business and the business of anyone who's ear I could bend for a few.

Archived