eden project - THE EDGE

• Members

I posted this with the purpose to inform you about the eden project.

on wednesdayi was in a video conference with my school talking about climate change and the edge. were you one of the eden workers?

No, I was never involved in the eden project. I received this information two days ago in an email from Peter Gabriel and decided to post the content of the email here. If you like to stay informed about Peter Gabriel's activitities, register at his website and you will receive his newsletters.

• Members

Peter Gabriel has always been involved in very cool things. He is the kind of artist I aspire to be. Not musically but consciousness wise. He gets involved in these real issues and does things to move them forward; much like Bono.

Can anyone think of any American artists who are this involved in trying to move the planet forward?:confused:

• Members

Peter Gabriel has always been involved in very cool things. He is the kind of artist I aspire to be. Not musically but consciousness wise. He gets involved in these real issues and does things to move them forward; much like Bono.

Can anyone think of any American artists who are this involved in trying to move the planet forward?
:confused:

Agreed on all counts. I'd also throw Brian Eno into the mix to a lesser degree than Gabriel or Bono, as he is constantly involved in projects that seem to be for bettering the earth.

As for American artists, there are some, such as System of a Down and Tom Morello putting together Axis of Justice. And there have been many American musicians actively involved in trying to save Tibet, including the Beastie Boys, David Crosby, Laurie Anderson, and others (Tibetan Freedom Concert). Anthony Kiedis of the RHCP constantly contributes a lot of money to the sp. ed. school that my girlfriend fundraises for. There's also a ton of artists involved in various Save Darfur projects and concerts.

But I see your point. I can't think of musicians who are quite as high-profile and constantly committed to bringing this about as Bono and Gabriel.

Archived