Interesting Lennon Letter

Mike McLenison

• Members

He was wrong about the sweat. But some Asians (particularly Japanese) have a slightly different hormone/pheromone balance in their excretia so their sweat doesn't tend to smell the same as the sweat of many others around the world.

My first GF was ethnically Japanese and she sweat. She just didn't, you know, stink, like I did. (We traveled across Europe together for a couple months, backpacking, doing the Eurail Pass thing. So, I know.)

• Members

Ever read the famous "Rundgren-Lennon Battle"?

That's hilarious!

I sort of liked the Nazz but Todd should have probably got a little perspective before he started taking potshots at the Beatles and Lennon. Don't get me wrong, I sometimes ran out of patience with Lennon, too, and I would have been less charitable, if I had got my facts wrong as Rundgren did about the Troubador incident (I don't know if the Rolling Stone write-up had already appeared but if IIRC, they got the facts right -- and Lennon and Nilsson did come off like drunken asses and the waitress did come off pretty cool (Lennon: "Do you know who I am?" Waitress: "Yeah, you're some asshole with a tampon on his head.")

TR has much to be proud of, I guess, a couple good songs from the Nazz, the couple of hits under his own name. (I saw Utopia but I thought it was a yawn.) And I'm not the biggest Beatles fan in the world... but I should think a young punk like TR was at the time should have thought twice before setting his work up against the Beatles. What a losing proposition. I'd like to think he sees that quote these days and just shrivels a little... either that or he's got all the perspective and personal insight of Gene Simmons.

Archived