I'm One VERY Angry Mexican! Yes I'm!!

ViLo

• Members

I make $600.00 a week, I work in construction, I have to have a pick up truck[still paying it] Basically I'm self employed, I have to pay my own taxes, and contractors liability insurance, plus GASOLINE!! I know nobody cares, because in Europe they pay a lot more than ME![??] I'm not in Europe so that does not fix my problem! $3.67 a gallon? and everybody is OK with That?[yeah don't give me the California thing either] I live in Texas, I'm still making $600.00 a week, and since gas prices are sky high everything else is high too! Hey!

Sorry for my rant!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's the solution:

Don't EVER buy gas from
Exxon
or
Mobile.

People are stupid .. not you, just MY rant.

Russ

Nashville

I understand, I have to buy it where's cheaper, and that's WalMart, yeah I know some of you, don't like walmart either but "I got do what I got a do."

• Members

$600 a week? Ooh, you're lucky. I live in a shoebox in a hole in the road.

I live iN Dallas, in a car garage converted to a tiny house[not kidding] I just added a bath.

If you live in the Austin area, I can bring you a crate, is bigger than a shoe box :D:poke::poke:

• Members

I would say that you should take one of those high-paying jobs away from one of those angry white men.
:D

Hey!!!! That's not a bad idea!!!!:D:D...............................

• Members

I always feel kind of bad because of the situation I'm in here. Well, up front I'm a po' white boy right now, because I'm running a struggling startup. But, they have been doing this ongoing apartment compex beautification project from hell from like 5 months now (almost done, and I'm so glad.) So of course, in CA, everyone doing the construction is Latino, so there are 10 or 20 Latino guys wondering around all day. They see me sitting around the house all day long every day, because I work here at home. And they see me sitting on the front porch reading every day. I can kind of see the "see there, tell me the white man isn't running some kind of racket" type of look in their eyes sometimes. And I know that they are a little resentful of it.

But they don't realize that they are probably making considerably more money than me, and that long after they are home and doing whatever they are doing, I'll still be here working at the computer until midnight or later, and that they see me sitting on the porch because I do at least get to choose when I take those couple of hours I can spend not working every day. They just see the uncalloused, unsunburned white guy who never has to work probably.

I feel like putting up a sign that says "Working Poor at Work" or something.

• Members

I live in Texas, I'm still making $600.00 a week, and since gas prices are sky high everything else is high too! Hey!

Sorry for my rant!!

Yes -- but you don't have the additional burden of being part of the dominant majority. (Yet. :D )

Until you do, I say quit your grousin' and just kick back and relish your role as part of the Angry White Man's Burden...

• Members

I always feel kind of bad because of the situation I'm in here. Well, up front I'm a po' white boy right now, because I'm running a struggling startup. But, they have been doing this ongoing apartment compex beautification project from hell from like 5 months now (almost done, and I'm so glad.) So of course, in CA, everyone doing the construction is Latino, so there are 10 or 20 Latino guys wondering around all day. They see me sitting around the house all day long every day, because I work here at home. And they see me sitting on the front porch reading every day. I can kind of see the "see there, tell me the white man isn't running some kind of racket" type of look in their eyes sometimes. And I know that they are a little resentful of it.

But they don't realize that they are probably making considerably more money than me, and that long after they are home and doing whatever they are doing, I'll still be here working at the computer until midnight or later, and that they see me sitting on the porch because I do at least get to choose when I take those couple of hours I can spend not working every day. They just see the uncalloused, unsunburned white guy who never has to work probably.

I feel like putting up a sign that says "Working Poor at Work" or something.

My Advice!: Don't get out when *"Mexicans" are around!

:D:D

*How do you know they are Mexicans?:confused:

• Members

Dean, I think you should simply work all night instead, and then crash during the day, out of sight from the Latino workers. You'll feel less self-conscious, and they'll feel less resentful. Win-win.

Unfortunately, no A/C, so hard to sleep during the day.

• Members

Unfortunately, no A/C, so hard to sleep during the day.

Hmmm, that's gonna be tough.

Okay, How 'bout when you are in view of the workers, you tuck one arm in your shirt so they think you've had a bad accident and they...okay, well, that's sorta impractical.

Lemme get back to you.

• Members

Vilo, are you going to write a rant about Angry Mexican Men so we can gain some deep insight into the heart and soul of an Angry Mexican Man?

Oh no, you don;t want to do that, no no no...:mad::)

I'm just :mad: about gas prices, and the fact that I'm 50 today, and I'm a very angry feeling, old and Angry Mexican Man....... uH? well that's my point and I'm sticking to it :p:p

• Members

Start adding a destination charge to each bid. Or raise your prices. Surely the people you've been doing work for value your service and the quality of your work. Take them to lunch (not McDonald's) and tell them you are going to have to raise your prices, not your hourly, but adding $10 a day, something small, to offset the gas prices that are killing you. We started doing that 2 years ago when $2.50 was "high". We simply added $5 a day per crew to offset the increase in cost. Noone will have a problem with a $5 a day increase per man, and it will offset your cost.

• Members

Oh no, you don;t want to do that, no no no...
:mad::)

I'm just
:mad:
about gas prices, and the fact that I'm 50 today, and I'm a very angry feeling, old and Angry Mexican Man....... uH? well that's my point and I'm sticking to it
:p
:p

Man you don't care {censored} about money or gasprices,..you're just having a midlife crisis.

Archived