CD burning software needed ASAP

Paully

• Members

Emergency here. I need to download software for Mac OSX v. 10.2.8 to burn audio files to CD from Logic 6. Can't find anything for this old an OS version. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Best, Paul

• Members

Emergency here. I need to download software for Mac OSX v. 10.2.8 to burn audio files to CD from Logic 6. Can't find anything for this old an OS version. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Best, Paul

Can you try to find an old version of Toast? I think that would do it for you...

• Members

Thanks guys. First, I'm a PG kinda' guy, and only use the Mac for Logic. Pardon me if I'm a little nieve about how this thing works. I spent a couple hours trying to find an unused copy of Toast that would work on the 10.2.8 version of OSX, but came up empty. Of course Roxio wouldn't sell it to me. I tried finding a function in Logic to do a simple file conversion, but again couldn't find anything that would work. . Must need a stand-alone program to do it. I have iTunes(just the player), but think I may need the most recent update, which I'll try to download today.

Logic calls their proprietary files 'Logic Song File(s)', and I couldn't find a switch in OSX to show the file extentions(eg: .WAV). Frustrating.

Thanks again.

Best, Paul

• Members

If you haven't been able to find anything, you can use the Disk Utility software in Mac to burn files to CD/DVD.

I'm not in front of my machine, but look under Applications/Utilities - and you should see an icon for Disk Utility. Open it and you can drag files into the lower left area of the window, then click burn. (just be careful moving around in this program as it's your disk initialization program, too and you don't want to accidentally erase something).

This should work as a temporary solution.

• Members

Thanks guys. I'm really tired of fighting with the Mac, but I did manage to make up a playlist with an OLD version of iTunes. Archaic, but it'll do for now. No, I couldn't find any utility in Logic 6 to convert/save as standard file(.WAV, .MP3), just what I mentioned. Whatever format it is, iTunes accepts it. It's extremely limited tho, so this afternoon I'm downloading NTI Dragon Burn 4.1, which at least has some editing functions. Again, thanks for the responses. I'm learning a lot(on the fly) :D .

Best, Paul

• Members

iTunes will burn your audio. Import the files into iTunes. On the left side of iTunes make a playlist. Drag what you want burned into that play list, open the playlist and at the bottom of window you'll see a button to burn a cd.

• Members

Using the "bounce" function in Logic should give you a stereo AIFF or WAV file from your Logic Song. It's been a few years since I used Logic 6, but there should be a "Bounce" button under the master fader in Logic's mixer.

Archived