Need small favor from someone near Renton, WA

• Members

I am hot on the heels tracking down a really bad spammer, and almost ready to bring in the police. This is not your usual spammer selling cheap sneakers off an overseas web site. This spammer uses a spy-ware virus to hijack other people's computers to send his fraudulent "University degree program" offers by the millions. Maybe you've received this dude's handiwork?

I have the name and address of the person who owns the phone number to call listed in the email, and I have talked to him on the phone where he works. (At the Washington state court of all places.) He claims someone must have stolen his identity, but several things he told me in our 20 minute phone conversation seemed suspicious. Here's where someone in the King County area can help:

One of his suspicious statements is he told me he hasn't lived at that address for many years. He said the online white pages are wrong, and has tried to fix it, but the local printed white pages will prove he's not the culprit. So I need someone who has access to the Renton, WA and Issaquah, WA phone books to look this up for me.

In case this guy is innocent and telling the truth, I don't want to list his info here in public. So anyone willing lend me five minutes, please either send me a PM here or email me off my web site www.ethanwiner.com and I'll give you the info to look up and confirm or deny.

Thanks. With just a little help we might be able to put a very bad person away.

--Ethan

• Members

Thanks. In the mean time two people replied by email this morning, and both have now confirmed the guy lied to me. So the next stop is the FBI first thing Monday morning. If anything fun happens I'll post a report here.

--Ethan

Archived