World Festival of Sacred Music - Los Angeles

UstadKhanAli

• Members

For those who are interested, the following is a link to the calendar of events.

I must admit that this year's World Festival of Sacred Music's musical lineups don't seem as compelling to me as previous years, and I've noticed that there's a lot of local musicians rather than musicians flown in from far-flung corners of the globe, such as New Caledonia, Indonesia, and elsewhere, as they have done in the past. And one would suspect that this is largely due to economics (increased gas and airfare, economic hard times, etc.). Still, though, there are still a lot of worthwhile acts, so I invite you to check them out.

http://www.festivalofsacredmusic.org/calendar.html (Calendar of Events)

• Members

I attended the opening gala concert last night. The Tuvan throat singers were amazing, and drew the largest ovations from the crowd. Also, Persian, Rajasthani, Angolan, and Indonesian musicians. At the end, they all played together, having only rehearsed and come up with something last night. That came off well also. Really a good show.

I'm going to the Music and Shadows of Bali today over in Eagle Rock.

I know most people aren't that interested in sacred international music, but hopefully one or two will see this post and decide to check out an event. The few that I've managed to get to go to these events were amazed by the music.

Archived