Why Does Jesus Have a Machine Gun?

Beck

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great question IMO. More bullets flying in his name than any of these other bat{censored} dictators. Kids have the damndest way of stumbling upon eternal truths.

While it is true that people fight each other over religion, it is severely stretching the truth to say more bullets flying in Jesus name than others. If you listen to the message coming out of the Muslim terrorists, they lump entire countries like the USA and others as part of the Zionist regime that is to be hated.

• Members

What my then 7-year-old asked me right after 9/11 when this photo was on the news.

Oc7OsamaTVGun.jpg

It's all about what we know or think we know, isn't it?
;)

If you have taken the time to explain who Christ is to him/her, you should take the time to correct this and explain who this dangerous person is and where he/we are in God's plan.

• Members

:facepalm:

are you one of those people who'll fold up a 20$ bill and say it's proof that the government did 9/11?

Are you one of those people who lacks the sense of humor to know a joke when you see it?

P.S. I don't need a $20 bill to prove {censored}, anyway. The facts are enough. ;)

• Members

Are you one of those people who lacks the sense of humor to know a joke when you see it?

P.S. I don't need a $20 bill to prove {censored}, anyway. The facts are enough.
;)

yeah I guess so then if you meant it in jest..... I think I thought your icon was something else political, other than debating nader.....

hell, I lose.

• Members

I wounder how long it will be until obama is a religious figure with guns!

To some, he is already a religious figure.

From Jerry Kane:

On the stump, Obama divines the time has come "to perfect this nation." Not long ago, I brushed such statements aside, without a second thought. When Hillary playfully mocked Obama's remarks, "a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama," it never occurred to me to take such remarks seriously. When the Obama Sith, Chris Matthews, said, "This is bigger than Kennedy....This is the New Testament," I just figured he was caught up in the exuberance of the moment. And when Halle Berry said that she'd "collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear"; or Eve Konstantine said he is "our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings," I unthinkingly whisked them away as so much sophomoric giddiness and bizarre tripe.

...Bill Rush of the New York Times actually believes Obama's election to the U.S. Senate, "was divinely ordered....God's plan"; Oprah Winfrey thinks his "tongue dipped in the unvarnished truth"; Gerald Campbell sees him radiate "truth and goodness"; Gary Hart deems him not to be "operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians"; and Deepak Chopra considers him "A quantum leap in American consciousness."

• Members

This country has become so intellectually retarded that I guess that's what passes for political discourse now, I dunno. It's not about truth or honor anymore. It's about hate and divided camps and winning at any cost and spreading of lies and out of context quotes and unflattering pictures and dredging up stuff from people's pasts. It's so completely disgusting that I sometimes think that we will deserve that ultimate collapse of this country that is pretty inevitable if that's the best we can do after a couple hundred years of time to improve ourselves. There's no attempt to understand the other side, and of course all attempts to keep there from ever becoming a third or fourth side. It's just starting to seem like nothing more than two groups of petulant morons shouting insults at each other (and driven to do it by extremely manipulative, sick people who probably think themselves great patriots.)

• Members

This country has become so intellectually retarded that I guess that's what passes for political discourse now, I dunno. It's not about truth or honor anymore. It's about hate and divided camps and winning at any cost and spreading of lies and out of context quotes and unflattering pictures and dredging up stuff from people's pasts. It's so completely disgusting that I sometimes think that we will deserve that ultimate collapse of this country that is pretty inevitable if that's the best we can do after a couple hundred years of time to improve ourselves. There's no attempt to understand the other side, and of course all attempts to keep there from ever becoming a third or fourth side. It's just starting to seem like nothing more than two groups of petulant morons shouting insults at each other (and driven to do it by extremely manipulative, sick people who probably think themselves great patriots.)

Well, you've nailed it.

Back in the days of my youth, I remember the country being divided as well, but I do remember everyone having more or less the same goals for the country, just different ways to achieve them. Today, the goals aren't close to being the same between the split.The terms liberal and conservative and right and left are outdated and not very useful anymore.

What we have now are individualists and statists.

Individualists see the world through the lens of promoting the individual. Statists see the world through the lens of promoting the common collective.

These two worldviews produce vastly different outcomes, most of which are irreconcilable. In order for one side must win, the other must lose. And that is why we have the polarization we have and the vitriol that accompanies it. How on earth do you 'work together to achieve common goals' when one side wants school choice and the other doesn't when one side wants the government to provide healthcare and the other side doesn't, when one side believes the free flow of oil is necerssary to preserve our standard of living and the other side doesn't, when one side believes we're causing the destruction of the planet and the other side doesn't, when one side wants us to return to the governance of the 1950s and ther other side wants us to look like western Europe? And on it goes, issue after issue, driven by a vastly different world view.

I believe we're reaching a tipping point in the next twenty years where we'll go one way or the other. In my youth, I remeber one close election-Kennedy vs Goldwater. Other than that, just about every election was won by somewhere between a sizeable margin and a complete landslide. I don't see that happening again for awhile. The battle will rage on, and unfortunately, it will get nastier as the stakes get higher.:cry:

• Members

But, if it's actually God's word, how can some of it be true and some of it not? If it's all true, then you have to kind of believe the Zombie thing, don't you? It doesn't seem quite fair to claim it's God's word, but then only take seriously the stuff you want to.

Archived