Most intense singers/frontmen:

the stranger

• Members

Spit on Jello at the Pinstreet back in the day, while slammin with Jerry A of Poison Idea, he is good.

But Pearl Jams Eddie V. singing "Jeremy Spoke" at the MTV music awards after the Chilis appeared with the SoCal Solid Gold Dancers was a high point for me intense vocalist wise. The songs delivery was intense and the subject matter was too, Rollins was intense but "Slip it in" was not...

• Members

Bruce Dickenson, Bruce Springsteen, Joe Strummer, Axel Rose, STEVEN TYLER, James Hetfield, Roger Daltry.

I went and saw Jello Biaffra speak at ISU shortly before the 04 election. He was wildly entertaining, very friendly, and spoke around 4 (!!!) hours. I chatted with him a bit afterwords. Super nice guy. A smidge loopy, but thats why he was so awesome.

• Members

Intense Bluesman,,,,, Freddie King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PURIZ388xvE&feature=related

Intense Rockers,,,,,,,,Bruce Sprinsteen, Freddy Mercury, James Brown

Most intense performance of the last half century,

Alvin Lee, and Ten Years After, Woodstock '69. "I'm Goin' Home"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHw9b4BBV9Y

Enjoy,

Bob

• Members

Personally, I think he's, for the most part, a dick....but you can't deny Phil Anselmo's live perfomance(s)....

Also-

James Hetfield (even now, people listen when the dude speaks onstage...and that's the key part)

Fat Mike from NOFX (Yeah, they can barely play....but I saw them Monday night and dude, ALL those guys are just playing and rocking ALL {censored}ING NIGHT)

Chad Grey from Mudvayne/Hellyeah....the dude puts every bit he can into his performance...and generally blows his voice out after a few tunes....

DEVIN TOWNSEND!!!! Dude....a crazy frontman thread CANNOT go without a mention of that crazy mother{censored}er!!!

King Diamond....cuz'...well....he's King Diamond.

Scott Weiland....somehow, he's managed to keep his body moving and his vocals working. Caught STP this past Summer and Goddamn....better than when I saw them in 96! He's got a solo disc/tour coming out....will most definitely check that out...

Rob Zombie....not a big fan of his music, (or White Zombie for that matter), but he's always putting on a killer show...

Randy Blythe, Lamb Of God.....can't go wrong with that dude....he's on that stage to deliver....and every video performance and time I've seen them, he delivers.

Mike Patton....nuff' {censored}in' said.

• Members

Personally, I think he's, for the most part, a dick....but you can't deny Phil Anselmo's live perfomance(s)....

Also-

James Hetfield (even now, people listen when the dude speaks onstage...and that's the key part)

Fat Mike from NOFX (Yeah, they can barely play....but I saw them Monday night and dude, ALL those guys are just playing and rocking ALL {censored}ING NIGHT)

Chad Grey from Mudvayne/Hellyeah....the dude puts every bit he can into his performance...and generally blows his voice out after a few tunes....

DEVIN TOWNSEND!!!! Dude....a crazy frontman thread CANNOT go without a mention of that crazy mother{censored}er!!!

King Diamond....cuz'...well....he's King Diamond.

Scott Weiland....somehow, he's managed to keep his body moving and his vocals working. Caught STP this past Summer and Goddamn....better than when I saw them in 96! He's got a solo disc/tour coming out....will most definitely check that out...

Rob Zombie....not a big fan of his music, (or White Zombie for that matter), but he's always putting on a killer show...

Randy Blythe, Lamb Of God.....can't go wrong with that dude....he's on that stage to deliver....and every video performance and time I've seen them, he delivers.

Mike Patton....nuff' {censored}in' said.

Right on dude we are definitely on the same page! Of all of them, though, I would have to say James Hetfield.

I don't know if too many people are familiar with Amon Amarth, and while I realize not many folks are a fan of that style of music, in my opinion their singer is one of the most hardcore individuals ever to front a band.

Archived