Chesky Records Delivers 24/96

Hush

• Members

I got an e-mail from Chesky records today announcing their 96/24 Store. It's nice to see a company still pursuing high fidelity in this age of mp3s.

Dear Chesky Customer,

First we had the LP, then the CD, then SACD, and now, we are starting to offer our first one-to-one copies of our master 96/24 recordings through our sister company,
. These new high-resolution 96/24 downloads are a major step forward in audio fidelity. The computer studio is a new trend, and hard drive computer audio done correctly can be a very audiophile experience.

"When I first downloaded one of my own 96/24 albums and played it back on my home system, I was not prepared for what I heard. I have never heard any disc with this caliber of clarity, sound staging, and openness in the top end. The sound had none of the digital artifacts we all hate, so the sound was totally relaxed. These one-to-one HDtracks files sounded exactly like the master recordings I was accustomed to hearing in the studio. High-resolution files on hard drives are a major step forward in sound."

Below are some of our first titles.

Enjoy!

David Chesky

Norman Chesky

Archived