Why????

Richard King

• Members

I dunno what's more stupid,..walking around like that,..or driving around making picture of people walking around like that and then asking questions about it on a forum,...

I'm trying to broaden my horizons and understand the culture. Thank you for your contirbution to furthering my knowledge. ;)

• Members

There's one up near Cape Canaveral that is similar. It's part of the National Parks system now and all the "nudists" had a fit when the Parks System started charging to gain access a few years ago. There were no naked demonstrations outside the park though and no riots. ;)

• Members

Why???

What is the reason for this??? Obviously, this is one of Vero Beach's finest citizens with a great fashion sense.

Why do people feel they have to walk around looking stupid?? Why does he have a belt??? Where did this start???

'Cause he's stuck in 1991?

• Members

That is kind of a weird look that I've never gotten a handle on. When the crotch of your pants is down to your knees, how do you feel free to move around without thinking you are going to fall down?

But to each their own.

When I was young, we used to wear our jeans so tight you pretty much couldn't breathe.

That was right after bell bottoms and nehru jackets.

• Members

This gets me thinking about tatoos and piercings.

I dont get them at all.

I don't get it either, but there is something I have to admire about that level of commitment to the, uh transcendent moments and evenings on which these decisions are made. Each tat and pierce is going to deliver an evolving message across a lifetime, not always a happy one I am sure, but always a lesson. It is certainly an ironclad way to "keep in touch with former selves," to paraphrase Joan Didion, although keeping a journal was her recommendation...

We really live in the HEYDAY of the "brand."

• Members

Why???

What is the reason for this??? Obviously, this is one of Vero Beach's finest citizens with a great fashion sense.

Why do people feel they have to walk around looking stupid?? Why does he have a belt??? Where did this start???

Chicks dig it? :confused:

• Members

In prison you can't have a belt, so it may derive from that. In our country we lock up a huge portion of the African American community, and a lot of other young people, at least half of them for drugs. That is why many of our poor people relate to criminal culture, since so many of them will be made part of our huge drug-prison-foster care industrial complex. Its a way to say {censored} you to a society that would lock them up for being poor and their choices in recreational substances.

• Members

I have some,...well Tattoos that is,...What do you want to know,..what don't you get about them?

FWIW- I just dont find myself attracted to body art- even if some of the art is amazing. For me, I dont get enough of a positive lift from tatoos to really consider making such a permanent change to my bod.

However, Im not a total fashion conservative.

I love outrageous paisely shirts.

They are really hard to find right now.:)

• Members

I suspect it is for the same reason that other folks wear absurd crap like this:

tie-length-2LG.jpg

... because that's what the people he lives and works with wear.

Okay, so that's seriously silly. Why would anybody dress like that? Why dress in something that chokes your throat and is uncomfortable? Why use that necktie thing to tie the shirt together when you have buttons? Why wear a defunct piece of garb that is descended from the lace cravat? That's just bizarre.

• Members

Okay, so that's
seriously silly
. Why would anybody dress like that? Why dress in something that chokes your throat and is uncomfortable? Why use that necktie thing to tie the shirt together when you have buttons? Why wear a defunct piece of garb that is descended from the lace cravat? That's just bizarre.

To build on Kens comments...

I will never understand why the asian cultures adopted this western business suit. Of all the things to adopt.... too bad they didnt go with human rights.

(that last barb only applies to some)

Archived