Current Rhodes parts suppliers

• Members

Good luck. Feel to PM me any questions, I just went through a rhodes restoration. A hint on speakeasy. The website is not so intuitive, but if you go to the webstore, and then click view webstore and online shopping you'll find what you're looking for.

• Members

cool (it's just some gen maint, a tine replacemnt or two, possibly may have a coil out, etc -- haven't cracked the case since the "service request" has come in from the woman)

how are speakeasy's repro tines? If i'm understanding correctly, they are universal? (as to note)

• Members

cool (it's just some gen main, a tine replacemnt or two, etc on a mki)

how are speakeasy's repro tines? If i'm understanding correctly, they are universal? (as to note)

I don't know. I ordered my tine replacements from vintage vibe. Their tines are cut to original specs. I think they maybe even new old stock. They have some kind of tine/tonebar exchange program, which may get you a discount. They take your old tines and refinish/coat them, and send you new either new old stock or refinished ones. I've never had a problem with their quality. I'm a little skeptical of the universal thing.

You mention a coil maybe out. What's the issue? Do you have some dead notes? If so it maybe as simple as adjusting the distance between the coil and the tine. The coils will loosen up and shift from time to time.

• Members

just staring to take a look

looks like I have

1) broken tine (I believe it's unswaged - can't find it - it's clean broken off)

2) one failed solder joint

3) one broken key (the actual keyjack)

4) a couple of stuck felts

I suspect me some classic rhodes "overplaying" ;)

she had some pals over friday and I think she tried to go up against my superredhead

She's an acoustic pianist (Rhodes is as 'electrical' as I can get her) and prefs tracker action organs (that's a gripe she has with her harpsichord, the action is just too light for her) so goes to "hit it (key) harder" not "turn it (amp) up" -- some days I'd put her up against Liszt (in terms of kicking the {censored} out of an instrument, yet she's shy to play in front of people -- she has a mom that's hard to keep up with, I suspect that's why)

working on that one, but she's willful and also plays drums

I've got her off the super sat b/c she pref to use a leslie (the amp isn't integrated), but I need to get her more juice

so it'll easy for her to turn it up

gotta love being an adult - I get to have the family talk "Um, about your music, I'm going to have to ask you to turn your amp way up"

Just got word - McLaren of Majorkey is OK and they'll be reopening shortly - always good to have another source

• Members

BTW - thanks for the heads up!

great to have place I can spit up a question about orphan instruments and get useful answer in like 10 mins

hmm, now I have to go get the woman beer before she gets home

I'm starting to get the feeling I'm still P-whipped

You're not P-whipped, until you change your weekend plans in order to remodel the kitchen on her whim.

• Members

hey cheb, it's always an option

I asked not so much b/c I'm having trouble finding parts, but the shop I like was closed

It's kind of one of those things where stuff isn't exactly common, but not totally hen's teeth rare

One hing about finding a good shop (and a potential problem with ebay) is, since the Rhodes is an orphan, you are, sometimes using salvage parts and such so quality/condition can vary a bit

but yeah, ebay's always an option

Archived