OT-World Premiere at IDFA (Amsterdam)

alfonso

• Members

Alfonso

I am afraid I can't make it to Amsterdam on the 24th of November.

Actually on my way up north I never passed Amsterdam, possibly because I bought my dope in the sixties mainly in Rabbat, London, Zurich, Los Angeles, Casa Blanca, Geneva, Meknes, Istanbul, Athen, Essaouira etc., the bass player always called from Milano saying that he will be back to the rehearsals in a few hours, he drove a Studebaker, I go only to Milano shopping and to La Scala... just never buy dope in Spain, the jails of general Franco where real bad, possibly still are, I mean a jail cell here in Switzerland has most often better service then a six star hotel in NYC...

But I am on your way up north. If you go by train I am on this line, so why don't you call me, and I pick you up at the main station in Zurich, Spiez, Thun or Bern, and we have a nice afternoon, then I bring you back to the station...

• Members

Congratulations!

Do you have a link to the music that you composed?

Thanks! Well, not yet...I can't make it public now..I am the owner of that music but I agreed with some rules about exclusive use, as usual.

I think that when the film will be out (a DVD will be made too) it will be much easier to have clips shown somewhere.

Anyway, although a big part of it can be musically complete as standalone and probably evocative of the feelings I tried to represent with it, for the way it has been created I feel that the link with the images shouldn't be broken....

I tried a different musical approach than the simple descriptive one or the usual ethnically correct but related more to a sight from outside that you can find in documentaries more often. As some very different anthropological realities are represented in this work I tried to express the inner feelings of the represented humans digging more in my empathic reactions to the humans than my impressions of the environment.

It seems that we have done something a bit out of usual schemes and this catched some interest. The fact is that to feel the real sense of this work it has to be had in a complete form. :)

Archived