Is the "record" 10,000 years old?

the stranger

• Members

http://www.ufocasebook.com/chinesedisks.html

disk.jpg

The Discovery

The team then made what was called "the most incredible discovery of all." Half buried in the dirt floor of each cave they found unusual disks, originally referred to as "odd stone disks" and described as "obviously fashioned by the hand of an intelligent creature." These disks were approximately nine inches in diameter and three-quarters of an inch thick. In the exact center was a perfectly round 3/4 inch hole, and etched into its face was a fine groove spiraling out from the center to the rim, making the disk look like some kind of "primitive phonograph record."

One of the best preserved disks was dated to between 10,000 and 12,000 years BC old, older by far than even the oldest estimates of the age of the great pyramids of Egypt. This was incredible news, but what was to come would be even more remarkable. A final total of 716 such plates were found, and each held its own mystery. The grooves, upon closer inspection, were not grooves at all, but a continuous line of an unknown writing!

• Moderators

And what was written in those grooves of yore?

In ancient times...

Hundreds of years before the dawn of history

Lived a strange race of people... the Druids

No one knows who they were or what they were doing

But their legacy remains

Hewn into the living rock... Of Stonehenge

Stonehenge! Where the demons dwell

Where the banshees live and they do live well

Stonehenge! Where a man's a man

And the children dance to the Pipes of Pan

Hey!

Stonehenge! 'Tis a magic place

Where the moon doth rise with a dragon's face

Stonehenge! Where the virgins lie

And the prayers of devils fill the midnight sky

And you my love, won't you take my hand?

We'll go back in time to that mystic land

Where the dew drops cry and the cats meow

I will take you there, I will show you how

Oh!

And oh how they danced

The little children of Stonehenge

Beneath the haunted moon

For fear that daybreak might come too soon

And where are they now?

The little people of Stonehenge

And what would they say to us?

If we were here... tonight

• CMS Author

There's a short story by Gregory Benfield called Time Shards (I think I once found it on line for a small price for someone) that was about some museum scientists who played a clay pot and heard a conversation about local politics.

When complaining to his boss about the poor quality lab equipment they had to work with, one of the scientists said "We should have bought the Hewlett-Packard."

• Members

Most bands around here have boxes of these in their attics, garages, and storage lockers. It's kinda sad really .. I imagine one day future archaeologists will find them and ponder their meaning.

The fact that 716 were found probly means it wasn't their best work. :rawk:

• Members

Bypassing the occult("hidden", not magical) aspect, I'll just point out something that is all too often forgotten.

Any documentation is a "record"...painted on a cave wall, handwritten in a book, recorded to tape, digitally tracked...all are records.

Archived