Music listening makes you healthier and run faster

LiveMusic

• Members

It's true, but I hear music in my head all the time, so I just have to dial in the song I need.

Trouble is, if I get a song stuck in my head that's counter productive, like "Sunshine Day" by the Brady Bunch, It can really mess me up.

[YOUTUBE]NaCCG7QkM_c[/YOUTUBE]

If I can manage to switch it to something like

• Members

I can dig it, I used to dial some bike rides in with a playlist - at the time I had an extra beater generic "walkman" that played a few percent fast

so, when I had a ride aggressively dialed, but then felt I was plateaued I'd slam the tape in that bitch and turn up the heat! (being an external source, it could sometimes push when I would want to drag)

on more sustained climbs, often I'd listen to audiobooks (worked outside of Boulder and commuted to Nederland, CO which is up in the hills, so I had a pretty decent uphill at night...but the Boulder library was right at the bottom of the hill as you left boulder so I'd stop in and grab an audiobook)

music for power jams, audiobooks for the hillclimb trudge, singing for the spins(breath control) and the sound of my own breathing for group riding

Archived