No more CABLE TV!!

Patre

• Members

the review almost seems (not making accusation, just appears) a little like affiliate spam [i noticed the supplier of the product does have an affiliate program]

I am a little leary that there isn't a prominent (if any) "about us" page /w more company info

here's an interesting convo on ebay [i just googled a little, so take the info FWIW]

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=2000184551

there are descriptions which seem to imply it is, essentially, an integrated engine for grabbing broadband streams that already exist for free off the net

again, this is like 4 whole mins of research, so take anything I post with a big saltlick

• Members

The type of glitching when reception is marginal I've seen on the current units tends to be digital glitches...blocks of pixels wonking out , some areas not getting updated for a few frames --- that kind of thing

as opposed to smearing and noise from decoding a messy analog signal

• Members

It can rain all day with no outage. It has to have really thick cloud coverage.

As far as quality goes you can ocassionally get pixillation before or after the heavy clouds. As Anderton said it doesnt last more than a few muinites. The new dish units are better than the old ones and the signal is 100% digital.

The cost is the main difference between Cable and Dish. When I switched over it cost me 50% less. It has gradually creeped up a bit but I still have the second unit and a digitar recorder for free. Plus they do free replacements if the unit goes out.

Archived