Classical Music ... I don't get it

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeh, almost every time I end up in some thread with someone who doesn't like this or that, I like it. I'm a music slut I guess. If it moves me, and almost all of it does, though there are exceptions, that's all that counts for me.

• Members

I was once talking with one of the guys at the company where I work over beers. He was from Hannover, Germany and was here for a company training session.

He told me he absolutely Hated country music. I asked him if he even felt that way about Johnny Cash, and his early years when he was sort of rock and roll.

He said, no, it was not that kind of country music he hated. It was the oom-pah-pah, lederhosen, knee slapping music he despised. I never thought of that as country music.

Guess it is a matter of perspective. Classical was probably the rock of it's day.

• Members
I love classical music...and hardcore techno...and NIN...and Zouk...there's so much great music out there. Labels are odious
:)

I love Odius, they are one of my favorites, and they can't even find a label.:lol:

• Members

Listen to Mozarts Requiem... if you don`t feel it, you`re dead.

well, of course one has to know what a requiem is, I wrote my one already when I was 25 years old

my original statement was:

"listen to the dead, and if you don't hear Mozart's requiem, you are alive"

your

Heino von Rapperswil

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Listen to Mozarts Requiem... if you don`t feel it, you`re dead.

Agreed! I don't see how any music lover can limit their passion to any certain "type". With classical music I think people are often often turned away by an unfamiliarity with the instruments, but instruments aren't the heart of music - the notes are.

I love introducing people to classical music. Here are some good recommendations for classical music for beginners. It covers all of the classical music periods and dispells much of the confusion.

• Members

To get classical music you had to be born at the same time than Bach or Mozart... I was not there, so I don't get it.

:lol:

:D

And you know, Mozart did have a lot of screaming girls. I think they created a sort of hype that made people like Mozart more.

• Members

Classical Music is an immense amount of composers, styles, quality levels, transcriptions and performances. It plain sucks.....as a label....apart the jokes (and the fact that it is made of many genres) for me it is like all other genres of music...2% is fantastic, 10% is good,30 percent is mediocre and what remains is an unbearable crap.

Archived