Soon

Mark L

• Members

Beautiful piece, great performance. Love the orchestral accompaniment.
Jon Anderson has an amazing voice, doesn't he?

Good call, Imm-Ell.
:thu:

Well, he's from Lancashire - what do you expect? ;)

But to be serious

I don't know what it is about Yes, but they really do it for me :cool:

• Members

This is great, but listening to it after that incredible trip on war that is the whole suite it is part of is even better....anyway of all the dvd's I have seen of Yes this one is the best of all. The four members have fantastic performances and the amazing young keyboard playeris much better sounding than the unbearable 80's sounds Wakeman used with Yes since he left the cool analog stuff at home.

• Members

I had a bad personal/business experience with Yes that unfortunately left me mostly unable to appreciate their music ever again. Pity, since they were once one of my favorites.

It was due to that experience that I've done my best to avoid meeting musicians who I enjoy every since.

• Members

Cool You Tube ... thanks.

Sorry you had a bad experience Jeff, I've worked w/ them a few times, but only with Jon Anderson and Trevor Rabin, and found them to be an extreme joy to work with. It was a little bit of "Big Generator," a Trever Solo album and another outside project with Jon called "Requiem for the America's."

I like em a lot.

Russ

Nashville

• Members

Sorry you had a bad experience Jeff, I've worked w/ them a few times, but only with Jon Anderson and Trevor Rabin, and found them to be an extreme joy to work with.

Unfortunately, it was Jon and Chris Squire (mostly Chris) who left a bad taste in my mouth over a business deal. Again, it's only one perspective, and under other circumstances could have been different, but I've really never been able to listen to Yes after that with the same appreciation I'd had before it.

Most artists I've worked with have been great guys... just not Yes. Oh well.

• Members

Unfortunately, it was Jon and Chris Squire (mostly Chris) who left a bad taste in my mouth over a business deal. Again, it's only one perspective, and under other circumstances could have been different, but I've really never been able to listen to Yes after that with the same appreciation I'd had before it.

Most artists I've worked with have been great guys... just not Yes. Oh well.

You think that's bad? Lemme tell you bout a deal gone south a few years back with a Stonehenge set on a Spinal Tap tour.

• Members

I don't like "Soon" by itself but in context with the 20 minutes or whatever that comes before it in Gates of Delirium, it's so cool. I always thought that Gates of Delirium would fit perfect as an edit against the final 15 minutes or so of scenes of 2001 Space Odyssey.

• Members

Cool You Tube ... thanks.

Sorry you had a bad experience Jeff, I've worked w/ them a few times, but only with Jon Anderson and Trevor Rabin, and found them to be an extreme joy to work with. It was a little bit of "Big Generator," a Trever Solo album and another outside project with Jon called "Requiem for the America's."

I like em a lot.

Russ

Nashville

I really like 'Big Generator'. 'Final Eyes' and 'I'm Running' in particular :cool:

What did you do on that album? I'm intrigued

• Members

I saw the original tour for Relayer and this song had me in tears even though that was the first time I had heard it. One cool thing about Soon is how in the middle section it modulates around in 4ths and then comes that orgasmic tritone from Eb down to Am to get back to the original key. It 's brilliant how they get the most dissonant interval to be the most wonderfully blissful payoff! True genius indeed.:thu:

Archived