BREVERB for $4.95?

• Moderators

A limited version. The same algo, Room and Plate with basic controls. $4.95. I just bought it and will install tonight.

Did I say $4.95?

Overloud BREVERB audioMIDI EDITION is a high quality reverberation plug-in, modeled after the most acclaimed hardware classics.

Your Price: $4.99

http://audiomidi.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1fca1ebb5fd019576fbbb1d9b&id=b96467a835&e=2dcfa2ef73

:thu:

• Members

Hey Lee, so you "took the plunge"? please do advise.

I have been so thrilled of late with the UAD Plate Reverb that I am sure I am dreadfully overusing it, but as the owner of only 1 UAD-1 card, the Plate is a bit of a hog, so if this is a decent verb, I might well be in. Take out a loan. Sell a car, maybe.

• Moderators

Well... that UAD plate is gorgeous sounding.

I remember hearing some BREVERB samples and thinking I liked it a lot more than the Waves RenVERB. I use the Waves convolution for my main verbs but it's nice having something in the Lexicon style, which is what BREVERB insinuates is its forte.

I'll check it out and let you know.

• Moderators

OK, not exactly a "demo" It sounds great. Sound-wise it is not crippled in any way. Yes, it is four dollars and 99 cents. Really. But... it only has the Plate and Room algorithms. The full editing is disabled as well but you still get the time, size, HF damping, and low contour controls.

The benefit of this cool deal is that Breverb seems to run with very low resources. It does not tax your CPU.

It will not replace the Drum Room at Cello impulse in Waves convolution reverb, but it still sounds very good. For instance, I'm running a mix with 3 instantiations of the Waves convo verb and lots of other plugs... I'm tapped. So I decided to try Breverb on kick. Right on the K channel in mono. This can really reveal a crappy verb. Mono on kick using the Room setting, I was able to dial in a nice bloom without that mid and high chatter a mono verb with perc sounds can get. And the kick just sounded like I'd added a 47 back a ways. Not quite, but in the mix?

For 4.99, you will use this. It's good.

• Members

I got it too. I only gave it the quickest of whirls on a 12-string electric part I recorded last week. At first I was like, "man, that's awesome!" Then I realized I was sending the guitar track to the UAD Plate...

So I muted the UAD plate channel, tried it again, and then I thought, "Man, that is subtle." Then I remembered I hadn't entered the authorization code yet, so it was very subtle indeed...

The I entered the authorization code and...it's a really nice reverb. Minimal parameters, but I am all about minimal paramters. It has time, size, diffusion, damping, and a couple of EQ controls I haven't fully investigated yet. I do love to roll off both top and bottom on verbs, and it appears that this is possible. So the only semi-standard parameter it seems to be lacking is early reflections.

Anyway, it sounded really really good. Steal for 5 bucks, says I.

Archived