What's that you say? Sampled guitar that sounds good?

nerol1st

• Members

This was my face
:eek:
when I found out that everything is sampled (yes including the guitars):

CHUGAWOOKA.mp3

It seems technology has no bounds anymore.
:cry:

All well it had to happen eventually, we have been replacing drummers for a while now.

I`m not surprised. For this genre too, getting the attack and sustain is quite nice. I did a demo of a new song back in January for my band to learn, the guitarist really liked the tone I was able to get with "my playing". I had to break the news and tell him it was all sampled. But that got me thinking...:idea:

• Members

Because of its snap-to-grid aesthetic and on/off dynamics, this genre probably lends itself to sample substitutions better than a lot of others, but the sound is pretty impressive.

No doubt. But I could see someone good enough at keyboard to kind of get the hang of playing this stuff free hand.

• Members

My take on sampled guitar is that you can use the concept to expand what you can do with a guitar, and create "guitaristic" sounds that would be impossible to achieve with the ol' "six monophonic oscillators on a plank of wood." Case in point - my "Electronic Guitars" expansion pack for Cakewalk's Rapture. You couldn't get those sounds with synths or guitars.

• Members

My take on sampled guitar is that you can use the concept to expand what you can do with a guitar, and create "guitaristic" sounds that would be impossible to achieve with the ol' "six monophonic oscillators on a plank of wood." Case in point - my "Electronic Guitars" expansion pack for Cakewalk's Rapture. You couldn't get those sounds with synths or guitars.

A friend of mine was showing me those sounds, a few weeks ago.

Pretty wild stuff. Me like. :thu:

Archived