RIP Farrah Fawcett

• Members

I can't say I enjoyed her earlier work (in Charlie's Angels days I was part of a jam circle that often met that night and it would be on, often sound off) -- but I remember being really impressed by The Burning Bed when I saw it on TV. She proved to be a good actress. And she seemed to be pretty smart, too.

RIP, Ms Fawcett.

• Members

One of those great beauties-- really natural beauties--- who comes along once a generation.

We Texans have always claimed her as one of our own. Her family of origin still lives in Corpus Christi, and I'm sure they're hurting right about now.

RIP, Farrah.

• Members

A sad day. She was an American Beauty of the highest order and an icon whose image will live on forever. Cancer is terrible and I commend her for allowing the world to see her at the end on her own terms.

She was a Chalies Angel, and now she's a real Angel.

0304091324_M_Farrah_Fawcett_450.jpg

Rest in peace my dear one.

• Members

She stepped out of the safe world of trend and established herself as a truly gifted actor, humanitarian and a person of unquestionable bravery.

Gathering flowers for the Master's bouquet,

beautiful flowers that will never decay.

Gathered by angels and carried away

forever to bloom in the Master's bouquet.

-Ralph Stanley

• Members
You know, that was my gut reaction too. I don't want her to be overshadowed by MJ. It's inevitable, of course. And what's interesting is that I've heard several people say that today.

Me too, but nothing or no one could overshadow Farrah. There is room for both of their deaths to be important.

• Members

I kinda don't like that her story is being overshadowed by MJ's.

If only MJ had waited one more week...

;)

But seriously, it's a bit of a shame that her death was overshadowed, although to be fair, what made MJ's death such a story was that it was totally unexpected. With Farrah, sadly, everybody knew it was coming. That doesn't diminish her brave struggle to the end, and she will certainly be missed.

What is a little more disturbing to me is how much time was devoted to the MJ story, vs. how little was spent covering the situation in Iran. Hundreds of people being brutally killed at the hands of an oppressive government, and that all got swept aside for a pop star. Not that his death wasn't tragic, but sometimes the media's priorities are a bit screwed up.

• Members

Put me down for this one as a fave.

Farrah-Fawcett-Photograph-C12150265.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of her's. I didn't have the poster in the 70's, but some friends of mine and I did raid Osco Drug to buy a bio book on her during her heyday. I don't remember why we wanted that book exactly, but it had a lot of pics of her in it and we all thought she was foxy

Not to be disrespectful or anything -I mean she is remembered as a sex symbol after all- but she had really great nipples. Loved her nipples. Great hair too.

One has to admire her for coming out about her cancer. I'm sorry that it claimed her life.

Archived