RIP, Billy Mays

• Members

Betcha it is a closed head injury...probably went home with a headache, fell asleep, never woke up....

Sucks, cause, I thought he was annoying, but I admired his spirit...I would have done what he did if given the chance...

Gotta go use my Shamwow...

• Moderators

Master salesman. My 12 year old girl always cringes when he comes on. She asked me once, "Dad... why does he have to shout?!?!?" I asked her, "What's he selling?"

Oxy Clean. Why?

That's why he shouts. You know what he's selling right? That's his job, to get you to remember the product he's selling. You remembered it. You. A 12 year old girl who has no need for Oxy Clean. You remembered it...

His voice became a regular sound around our house. Both my daughter and I do respectable Billy Mays impersonations. We do Billy at the most silliest of times,

"I'M GOING UPSTAIRS AND TAKING A SHOWER!!! RIGHT NOW, AN INCREDIBLE SHOWER. AN UNBELIEVABLE SHOWER, LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. I'LL BE BACK DOWN IN 15 MINUTES. I'M INCREDIBLE AND SO IS MY SHOWER!!!!"

Billy Mays. Master salesman. At first you think WTF, then you start actually digging his shtick.

RIP Billy.

• Members

My son, who just turned ten, was much more shocked by Billy Mays' passing than Michael Jackson's. In the time frame in which he's been alive, my son has had much more exposure to the guy screaming at him on TV than the guy moonwalking in old videos.

RIP Billy. He definitely made an art form of selling.

Archived