Video/Soundtrack People - Deal on Sony Cinescore

Anderton

• Members

Okay, normally I'm not into product pimping, but...

http://links.mail.sonycreativesoftware.com/servlet/MailView?ms=MjU1ODI4OAS2&r=MTA1OTcyMDM3NzUS1&j=MTYzNjQyNzAzS0&mt=1&rt=0

Sony's Cinescore has been my "secret weapon" the past couple years for generating soundtracks for the HC videos as well as other videos. They're discontinuing the product so I guess other people didn't find it as incredibly useful as I did...it's a real loss, maybe they'll sell the engine to someone else if we're lucky.

Anyway, this is a helluva deal so I thought I'd give y'all a heads-up. I can answer any questions you have about it :)

• Members

Are they going to bury it - or license it?

The timing seems wrong. Everybody and their nephew is mounting video at youtube and facebook, etc.. It seems like it would be a candidate for sale in the consumer discount channels.

Did they develop the program in house?

• Members

Why do you think it failed to connect?

Good question. It was a little difficult to figure out how to use to its maximum potential, and also, the various themes added up $$$-wise if you wanted to have a full library. Also, I think it might have been difficult to explain how it worked from a marketing perspective - I certainly didn't "get" it until I had a copy to review and could delve into it.

They might have had better luck if they'd pushed it as a straight ahead music library that, oh by the way, you could also modify and customize if you were so inclined.

• Members

Are they going to bury it - or license it?

The timing seems wrong. Everybody and their nephew is mounting video at youtube and facebook, etc.. It seems like it would be a candidate for sale in the consumer discount channels.

Did they develop the program in house?

I assume it was developed by the former Sonic Foundry that also does Vegas, Acid, and Sound Forge. I hope they don't bury it, the program is really clever and deserves better.

• Members

Okay, normally I'm not into product pimping, but...

http://links.mail.sonycreativesoftware.com/servlet/MailView?ms=MjU1ODI4OAS2&r=MTA1OTcyMDM3NzUS1&j=MTYzNjQyNzAzS0&mt=1&rt=0

Sony's Cinescore has been my "secret weapon" the past couple years for generating soundtracks for the HC videos as well as other videos. They're discontinuing the product so I guess other people didn't find it as incredibly useful as I did...it's a real loss, maybe they'll sell the engine to someone else if we're lucky.

Anyway, this is a helluva deal so I thought I'd give y'all a heads-up. I can answer any questions you have about it
:)

Money's a little tight right now (I'm sure I'm the only one in the world in that situation, of course), but this looks like a great deal if it's anywhere near as useful as you say.

Any recommendations on theme packs?

I see there appear to be 16 but there's a 10-bundle offer. I'm a little beside myself trying to triage that one... my first inclination might have been to toss the music I had the least interest in -- but since I'm interested in these for online video/marketing stuff, maybe I'd be better off making sure I do get the stuff farthest away from my own tastes and music, since that is likely what I'd have the most difficulty coming up with on my own.

Or maybe I should buy the main package and maybe one theme pack and check it out before I commit to any of the theme packs... I dunno. I hate having to sweat purchases I used to make on a whim, but, dang, all that stuff finally started adding up... :facepalm:

Archived