Any suggestions for software to record streaming audio

indigo_dave

• Members

I've been using a product called Freecorder for a couple of years now to record my favorite radio show "Bob's Scratchy Records" via streaming audio. Recenty I lost the tool bar that had the Freecorder icons. So I downloaded the free version again, except now it has a limit of 30 minutes.

So I did a little googling and noticed Audacity and downloaded it. I recorded the radio show (via streaming audio). But after saving the file, the directory I saved the recording in had something like 2,000 little files. And I'm unable to load them onto my mp3 player using Windows Media Player.

Can anyone recommend any software to record streaming audio ? Something simple and intuitive ?

Thanks,

David

• CMS Author

Well, one thing you can do, if you like Freerecorder, is to pay for the full version.

Audacity does indeed save what it records as tiny AIFF files. If you want to get the whole program, you need to open the project that you saved, and export it as a WAV file, or MP3 if you choose.

I use Total Recorder for recording on-line radio programs. It, too, costs a little, but it's been around for a long time, it's well supported, and I've used it enough so that I know how it works and how to use it. Obviously there other similarly functional programs, and probably there's no single one that's "best."

Archived