I love listening to crummy recordings that others don't think are crummy

Bookumdano2

• Members

For example, I don't like this song and the way it was recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZII3JhIUhU

I didn't even like it as a song or engineering feat when it was out. I made the mistake of mentioning that at another forum elsewhere this week and ... dunno but I might be banned there now.

No way would I attempt to record in this way with this much compression ... but it is interesting to listen to the approach. Once maybe. I do though like the effect of printing a mono instrument with its own mono reverb return like a couple of things have going here. That effect I like sometimes. Not really on this song though.

To move to an entire other area, as far as Bruce's stuff, he mentions Thriller a lot, but I think "Oh Girl" is a much more interesting experience for my ears.

As a result, I'm now thinking there are no crappy recordings. Or maybe, all recordings are crappy. So I guess I really enjoy listening to crappy recordings that I like or don't like that others like or don't like.

• Members

For example, I don't like this song and the way it was recorded.

I didn't even like it as a song or engineering feat when it was out. I made the mistake of mentioning that at another forum elsewhere this week and ... dunno but I might be banned there now.

No way would I attempt to record in this way with this much compression ... but it is interesting to listen to the approach. Once maybe. I do though like the effect of printing a mono instrument with its own mono reverb return like a couple of things have going here. That effect I like sometimes. Not really on this song though.

To move to an entire other area, as far as Bruce's stuff, he mentions Thriller a lot, but I think "Oh Girl" is a much more interesting experience for my ears.

As a result, I'm now thinking there are no crappy recordings. Or maybe, all recordings are crappy. So I guess I really enjoy listening to crappy recordings that I like or don't like that others like or don't like.

That was recorded on analog so it sounds great. You just don`t know what you`re talking about. :poke:

Archived