Are we getting better with age?

temnov

• Members

Remember yourself young and eager, trying to get everything done perfectly and quickly?

Remember realizing that world works differently and it is not so perfect, you should learn to wait?

Remember yourself disappointed and maybe mean sometimes?

Rewind to present. You are older, many of us over here are.

What did you learn, what did you become? Are you softer and more balanced today than 20 years ago? Or you are still the same rebellious person you were?

• Members

Remember yourself young and eager, trying to get everything done perfectly and quickly?

Remember realizing that world works differently and it is not so perfect, you should learn to wait?

Remember yourself disappointed and maybe mean sometimes?

Rewind to present. You are older, many of us over here are.

What did you learn, what did you become? Are you softer and more balanced today than 20 years ago? Or you are still the same rebellious person you were?

um, I was never really rebellious but I have softened in the last 4 years. Somewhere around the age of 33 I lost my MOJO. Not really sure why but I used thrive on competition, now I could care less.

I have improved with age in certain aspects.. better songwriter, better instrumentalist, better listener.

• Moderators

Better?

Yes, probably. One thing I'm better at is prudence. Playing the tape to the end before I leap in. Of course the downside of that is fear. Balancing the two as I get older is the trick.

Retain the drive of youth, now tempered with foresight. Tempered? Sharpened with foresight. Yeah, that's it.

• Members

I have much better/wider perspective at 41 than I did at 21. I can't imagine a person who doesn't, and I'd feel pity for anyone that didn't.

Many of the answers to life that seemed very simple and clear-cut when I was in my early 20s, I now view with more respect and openness to other's viewpoints. Living life will do that to you; experiencing things and events firsthand will hopefully make you realize that easy answers usually mean you haven't thoroughly examined the possibilities.

All that having been said, I'm certainly happier now than I was at most points previously, and I find things to enjoy that I didn't bother with in my youth. I guess my one-word definition at this stage is appreciative. I'm happy with what I've done and what I have, and less likely to take for granted things I would have in my 20s and 30s. Satisfaction level is good, and hopefully rising. No complaints here. None that matter, anyway.

• Members

We are getting older with age. Sorry but its true.

I think there are two ages, physical and mental. You can age physically but be young mentally. I met some young people who were pretty old mentally, too.

I also know couple of people over here that are much older than me but incredible young! I really think these guys got more balanced with age and became

• Members

25 years of living with an angry person has made me far more calm and patient - or perhaps that's the xanax.
;)

Terry D.

Tell them to take the xanax so you don't have to. It's not all that uncommon for the wrong person to end up medicated. ;)

Archived