Non-spam .avi editing thread

philbo

• Members

I'm starting to post some music videos on YouTube,

and wondered if there is a decent, simple, cheap .AVI editor out there. I tried Microsoft Movie Maker, but it is a POS, and only outputs .WMV video with the sound not synced to the video.

All I really want to do is cut off the front (where I turn on the camera & go sit down) and the end (where I get up & shut the camera off), and maybe add a text overlay title screen. Nothing fancy.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Congrats - you just got bit by the video bug...So after you do these edits, do you just want to stop there or go on to making better and better videos? If your answer is to continue forward, then my advice here is to just go ahead and get a decent filmaking suite. One not mentioned yet is Sony Vegas...Vegas Movie Studio (HD) is between $80 - $100

EDIT: I forgot to mention WAX......... WAX is free. It can be found at http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

Its decent, and great to learn on for sure, but I would recommend eventually going with a better suite...

• Members

Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

I've done music videos, instructional videos and even a 2-hour multi-camera play in it. The included DVD Architect is great for making menu'ed DVDs. And the Platinum version will not only do HDTV, but you can use your audio VSTs too!

Archived