I don't have the time for any of this

Bookumdano2

• Members

From now on, I only watch music videos that are less than 15 seconds in duration. If one more person posts a current event on youtube and tries to dramatize it up with background Enya music or Bon Jovi ballads, off it goes.

I don't buy or use any products that start with a little "i" (which stands for idiot) or "my" in the title. That goes for "my computer" , "my secure website", "my documents", ",my weekly reader" etc.

And no more wasted time with tv talk shows or the news shows (except the autotuned news shows that are pretty clever and you can dance to). This is the only concept that makes sense for a talk show that I have time for -

• Members

Ha ha ... I don't think he's funny either. Never ever did catch a snip of his show that wasn't a snoozefest ...although he has my respect for managaing to not be funny ... manage to keep a show going on that basis for several years ... and actually be paid millions to quit !!! That's ultimate triumph.

Won't watch Conan's real show (whatever that will be) but I did think the clip was a hoot.

Don't think the "schmock schmock" days of Steve Allen will ever come back. We're all too cool in the 21st century. But I used to like the outdoor skits he'd do over on Vine.

Jack Paar ... dunno ... I would watch his show every so often and be left with a feeling of ..."at what moment is this tensed-up guy gonna lose it and start firing a machine gun at everyone in the audience".

• Members

I`m about a year ahead of you... stopped watching most news a year ago. Don`t read the papers. Magazines are slowly going too. Those late night crap shows... stopped around 10 years ago... I spend most of my down time reading, doing Yoga, taking a walk, practicing, learning a new DAW trick... its been a nice change and I recommend you continue down that path. I do confess, I do go to the onion for a good laugh occasionally. :)

• Members

Bring back Jack Parr and Steve Allen.

Geez, Blue..you really are a 'Geezer':lol:

How 'bout including a guy that lived 6 houses away from my family when I was a kid in suburban Trenton NJ?; Ernie Kovacs.

Snuck my first taste of alcohol at a pool party at his place, a 'Manhatten' or a 7'n7 Highball I think it was...

I remember older guys walking around wearing Ascots and talking only out of the bottoms of their mouths, and giggly women with cigarette holders, puffing their Herbert Tareyton 'Ciggies' but not inhaling.

Archived