What's this guitar pickup ?

Bookumdano2

• Members

Don't know a lot about Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters but I've heard this song a couple of times in the past day and think the guitar has an interesting tone I'd like to use for some projects.

After finding the live video here, the guitar has much the same sound as the studio version. I have no idea what the pickup is. Anybody know?

It seems to obliterate the tone from inside the guitar, but in a kind of cool hollow way.

The last time I looked at a pickup for acoustic guitar was about 1973, so that shows you how far out of the loop I am on those.

• Members

It's a really nice guitar, and for $2,999, it should be. :)

I'm not one of those guys that's like, "I play a Martin, so Taylors suck." Taylors -- the good ones -- are incredibly well crafted guitars. Personally, I prefer acoustic guitar cosmetics that are a little more "plain jane", which is why I play a D-18V. Very simple, no abalone in the rosette or binding or purfling. However, if one of you wants to gift me an HD-28, I won't turn it down (nor an 800-series Taylor). ;)

• Members

I like Taylors.

What amazes me is that I have friends who take theirs camping in April & October (in Iowa: 20 deg temperatures). I bring my $20 30-year-old nylon string camping guitar, they bring their $2500 Taylors!! I'd never do that! I've had to reglue the top onto my camping guitar at least 3 times over the years; I'd hate to see their faces when it happens to them...

Archived