Music Computing has introduced MotionCommand

the stranger

• Members

Can I get that on an articulated swing arm? :D

Looks a little easier to get around on than using your iPad -- or your iPhone -- as a VCS.

Really, though, let's cut to the chase and hook up one of those new Xbox motion controllers -- and, yeah, holographic non-screen-bound display.

Why dork around with half-measures?

• CMS Author

There was a thing like that at NAMM a couple of years ago. Name was Red Leaf something. Basically a desk-sized touch screen that worked like a mouse and monitor. It wasn't outrageously expensive but I doubt it ever went anywhere. It was right around the time that multi-touch screens were coming in so everyone who wasn't in the "I just don't want a touch screen because they get messy and wear out" camp was waiting until they could move a whole handful of faders at once.

• Members

They'll really need to move over to the 3m format that we've had some conversations about around here to make this workable long term. I see they're already mulling it over now. That 3m is IT for the reference point for where we're going with multitouch ... imo ... none of this two-finger limitation or dinky ipod iPad pile-o-junk accumulating everywhere.

• Members

Yeah, no {censored}. :eek:

Makes me wonder if they think that's the only way to get going is by having your customers sell them, since it's such a niche product.

Honestly, I just thought the picture looked cool. I can imagine the potential. :)

I'll try to do a bit more research next time, so I'm not pitching multi-level marketing schemes in the forum. ;)

Archived