I won a prize from Manley Labs!!!

• Members

Manley Labs, makers of super nice high end pro audio gear, was having a contest. It seems that recording star Yanni uses their microphones extensively, and if we wrote about what Yanni meant to us personally, we'd win something! Here's what I wrote:

"Yanni came up as the sun in my bitter night. My heart rose up, dancing, twirling me around, filling me with light. I'll hold forever dear the moonlight dancing on his flowing locks, sparkling on his Manley Gold Mic. O happy song, o rapturous delight, Yanni, you are my song, my wings, my life."

Naturally, I won.

But what, you wonder? Was it a the Manley Reference Gold Microphone? Was it a Massive Passive? A SLAM?

No.

It was a Yanni CD. :D

• CMS Author

"Yanni came up as the sun in my bitter night. My heart rose up, dancing, twirling me around, filling me with light. I'll hold forever dear the moonlight dancing on his flowing locks, sparkling on his Manley Gold Mic. O happy song, o rapturous delight, Yanni, you are my song, my wings, my life."

What a pile of horse manure! Nice imagery, though. Very poetic.

Reminds me of a story.

Pet Milk held a contest to pick a new slogan for their canned evaporated milk. Ma came up with an entry, sent it in, and told Pa about the contest and the slogan she entered.

"Pet Milk, comes in a can.

Good for every woman and man."

So Pa also sent in an entry, and his was chosen as the winner. When she asked what his entry was and where he got the inspiration, he explained: It was easy. I just took what you entered and finished it off."

"Pet Milk, comes in a can

Good for every woman and man

No tits to pull, no hay to pitch

Just punch a hole in the son of a bitch"

• Members

Manley Labs, makers of super nice high end pro audio gear, was having a contest. It seems that recording star Yanni uses their microphones extensively, and if we wrote about what Yanni meant to us personally, we'd win something! Here's what I wrote:

That's just about the worst thing I ever read.

If there was an ounce of justice in this world, you wouldn't win a prize, you'd be punished in some horrible way. Something truly painful. For example, they'd send you a Yanni CD and you'd be forced to listen to it..

wait...

Oh.

I see.

never mind.

• Members

"Yanni came up as the sun in my bitter night. My heart rose up, dancing, twirling me around, filling me with light. I'll hold forever dear the moonlight dancing on his flowing locks,
sparkling on his Manley Gold Mic
. O happy song, o rapturous delight, Yanni, you are my song, my wings, my life."

Naturally, I won.

But what, you wonder? Was it a the Manley Reference Gold Microphone? Was it a Massive Passive? A SLAM?

No.

It was a Yanni CD.
:D

rofl :lol:

• Members

Do you think Yanni is a thermionic emissions devotee? Should he be prominently featured, flowing locks and all, pimpin' fer Manley Labs? Do you think he'll see this thread and think I'm fun and want to record at Blueberry Buddha Recording Studios? If so, should I let him? If I were to record him, should I run everything through distortion and a bevy of patchbay synths and make him sound like Nine Inch Nails? Could I do any of this in all good conscience knowing that I don't own any Manley gear?

• Members

Naturally, I won.

No.

It was a Yanni CD.
:D

Kharma is real.

Archived