Cables got you down?

the stranger

• Members

Nice idea!

I've been using some self-adhesive plastic clips since the '80s but I think I like what you have here a bit better because you don't have to open and close anything.

The ones I've been using are something like these, but not exactly. I can't find a pic of the ones I use online at the moment.

post-17891-1211129153_thumb.jpg

• Members

I been using the same clips for 20 years.

You can clip a bunch of cables together and remove the chrome arms and make a snake,

clip them to a desk as a Headphone hook, Clip lyrics to a stand, clip mic cords to a mic stand,

Hook one chrome arm to a ceiling and use it to clip cable runs up out of the way.

I've probibly found a dozen more uses over the years. The good part is you arent using something

stickey or screwing hooks in and can move them around as needed.

• Members

Looks good for keeping skinny computer cables from falling behind your desk. Not so great for cable management in general or audio cables, unless you happen to have great big binder clips and a shelf of the right width exactly the right height off the floor.

• Members

You should look into a short fiberoptic snake maybe?

They're not all in the studio a once, but I have a chest full of old cables, microphone cables, line cables, video cables, midi cables, edrums with cables, acoustic drums with cables, keyboards with cables, computers with cables !! I don't think a single snake can address all of the types of cables. Then there are the cables in my home entertainment system. Even that has become complex! 3 TV boxes, and 2 USB hard drives, an old Replay box. It goes on and on. I usually have to tug on a wire to figure out where it is going to.

Dan

Dan

Archived