Anyone finding difficulty getting on the SSS?

Huh?

• Members

When it comes to loading pages in this forum, I'd say I'm getting about one successful completion for every twelve attempts.

Good thing I'm not an NFL quarterback! ;)

But then judging from the lack of posts, I'd say it's tough for a lot of people.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

I've noticed that GS, while mostly loading, is also considerably slower over the last few days...

And on both sides (when they load) I've noticed that the page loading animations continue spinning long after the page appears to have loaded (I mean, like, many minutes, sometimes even forcing a page that appears to have complete loading to subsequently be replaced with a page load fail notice.)

I've also noticed on GS that certain keywords in posts that have no links in them are replaced with the same word as a link to eBay with a search on the underlined/linked keyword. That may simply be a poorly implemented advertising/monetizing strategy by Jules there, but it's vexing, at best.

• Members

I've noticed that GS, while mostly loading, is also considerably slower over the last few days...

And on both sides (when they load) I've noticed that the page loading animations continue spinning long after the page appears to have loaded (I mean, like, many minutes, sometimes even forcing a page that appears to have complete loading to subsequently be replaced with a page load fail notice.)

I've also noticed on GS that certain keywords in posts that have no links in them are replaced with the same word as a link to eBay with a search on the underlined/linked keyword. That may simply be a poorly implemented advertising/monetizing strategy by Jules there, but it's vexing, at best.

• Members

• Members

I couldn't get in at all today until just now I decided to log in first from the HC front page. It still timed out when I clicked on the SSS forum or any forum. The only way I could get in was to click on the most recent thread, which just so happened to be this one.

• Members

There are definitely problems, and several people have reported problems with other vBulletin-based sites. Stay tuned.

Right now things seem to be working, but I also noticed that when it IS working, it's a lot faster than it was a few days ago.

• CMS Author

There are definitely problems, and several people have reported problems with other vBulletin-based sites. Stay tuned.

Everyone jumped on to the same update that's broken?

I just noticed yesterday that I couldn't see the Gearslutz forums when using Firefox, but Explorer worked. The page seems to load quickly with Firefox, but it's blank. I don't remember if they use vBulletin or not.

• Members

I thought it might have been the windows updates last week that was causing the problem.

but I was having problems prior to that over the past week on and off.

Then I thought it may have been the Blackberry outage or any number of internet issues

occuring lately. My work computer communications have been slow as well so theres something going on.

You can always blame it on Sun Spots.

• Members

may be a coincidence, but when I clicked on the forum this morning, I got a warning from Norton antivirus, that it had prevented an attack; the name was mozilla-something-or-other.au, which it had quarantined. I don't ever recall getting an active warning like that before. Someone above noted that they could get in OK from IE, so got me thinking.

anyway, just thought I'd add it to the mix; may be completely unrelated.

• Members

I thought it might have been the windows updates last week that was causing the problem.

but I was having problems prior to that over the past week on and off.

Yeah no...I am on a Mac and it is hit and miss getting on here.

Well I am glad I am not the only one. I did not try GS, hardly go there anymore, but other sites I visit and general surfing is perfectly fast according to my connection.

One thing I was noticing although I am not sure if it is just coincidence......if I posted a reply here and then decided to edit it, it would go back to the edit page fine........but then when I clicked Save to complete the process, it would hang up......spinning wheel....... and I would close the page. However, even though it appeared hung up, the edited post would often have gone though.

Odd. I am using Safari 5.0.3

Edit: Today seems fast, trying the edit thing I talked about.

Edit2: Seems nice and fast now.

Archived