Michael Jackson Convicted of Involuntary Manslaughter!!!

Goobers

• Members

Did MJ mistakenly kill his doctor? Oh no!!!!!

That would have save a lot of suffering by a lot of MJ fans. I tried not to follow that sorry case, but every once in a while I read a bit of testimony. Maybe having enough money to have a full time personal physician doesn't always work out so well. Especially if they'll give you any drug you want, no matter how dangerous or illegal.

I just saw speculation online (at that respected news site MTV.com) that the not-yet-former Dr. Murray may not even go to prison or even spend much time in county jail*... that is utterly bizarre to me given the outrageous circumstances of Jackson's death. (He will almost certainly lose his license in California, but other states may continue to allow him to practice.)

But counting on medical and legal professionals to police their own ranks is a pathetic joke.

I was talking to a lawyer pal about one of the most notoriously crazy federal judges on the bench (he said he always liked getting the judge because the judge invariably found for the big corporation my friend worked for and against the worker, no matter how good the worker's case or outrageous the company's misbehavior or malfeasance) -- a judge who is almost 90 and refuses to step down from the bench and who has been a fixture of LA jurisprudence horror stories for many decades -- but every time there's some new outrage, his fellow judges fall in behind him in support, just like the various state medical boards -- comprised of physicians, as a rule -- almost always turn a blind eye to woeful crimes and incompetence of their own.

* California prisons -- packed to the rafters by the so-called 3 strikes law promoted and passed by a massive infusion of money into the initiative process by the Cali prison guards' union, which also built up a huge prison system through manipulation of the initiative process -- is under the control of federal courts because of overcrowding, lack of medical care, and inhuman conditions.

Since the prisons are packed with people convicted of nonviolent crimes who are nonetheless doing 25 to life after conviction in any third crime -- even a misdemeanor -- after two felonies (because of the 3 strikes law), the federal court has ordered that Cali must either thin out the (presumably) nonviolent population or start treating prisoners in a humane, healthful manner. Heaven forbid the latter, huh?

Meanwhile prison guards earn often earn 6 figures (one lieutenant raked in over a quarter million dollars one year) and can retire as early as 50 with as much as 90% of their salary amount. We have an evil demon monkey on our back and it's called the California Correctional Peace Officers Association. http://capitalresearch.org/2011/09/the-price-of-prison-guard-unions/

Archived