Here are two great songs by the legendary NRBQ for your ears.

LightenUpMcGraw

• Members

I wasn't sure where to post a song just to listen to so this seemed the best fit, hope so anyway.

Rock & Roll fans if you haven't heard of NRBQ aka The New Rhythm and Blues Quartet check these two songs out. The first one is called "It comes to me naturally" and it is the very definition of Rock & Roll at least old school anyway. The second sontg is a live performance so you can see what this band was really all about too. In 36 years they never once used a set list for their shows, not even one time. You really can't truly GET NRBQ until you SEE Big Al, Terry Adams and the crew do it live. Please check it out and comment, its good I promise.

It comes to me naturally, Studio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7b31MMKpr0&feature=g-vrec

I feel so good and I want you to feel good too.

• Members

If I hear a song by these guys I might enjoy the spontaneity, the craziness etc but that's about it...'cos by the first few bars of the next song I have lost interest. I get what they are doing but there is something about their groove I just cannot take a lot of. I could take them being in the pocket a bit more and also would like to see some serious chops shine through once in a while. It's like.....can they really play but are downplaying it....or are they downplaying it 'cos they really can't play?

Well......I can't listen to them long enough to find out. Too bad, they've been around a very long time.....and never really cracked it. Only among peers.......which is okay too.....but still.:facepalm: I should quit while I'm ahead huh?

I'm glad you like the hell out of them though.:thu:

• Members

LOL.... I love that, thanks man but I'm gonna decline your wonderful offer. Thanks anyway....very nice of you.

Talking about using the CD for target practice. With my little friend here, I'd have to aim off center every time, otherwise the bullets would just go straight through the center hole in the CD.:lol:

LMTDressed3.jpg

• Members

Klem Klimek is just amazing he was the sound man for NRBQ for maybe 25 years. Now he plays in the band. He sings and plays sax both with virtuosity and soul. I am going to see them this Saturday in Ct

this is not the old band but they carry the torch with the same passion and ability.

• Members

Klem Klimek is just amazing he was the sound man for NRBQ for maybe 25 years. Now he plays in the band. He sings and plays sax both with virtuosity and soul. I am going to see them this Saturday in Ct

this is not the old band but they carry the torch with the same passion and ability.

Yeah I saw this version of NRBQ about two years ago just before they began using the NRBQ name again. It was one of their last shows as The Terry Adams Rock & Roll Quartet. I am still amazed by the wonderful and energetic performance they put on and also by how few people were there to see the show. The ones that were there made up for the lack of bodies with great vigor and enthusiasm.

After the show we felt lucky to meet Terry and he was kind of cool but with an aloof quality about him, a strange bloke to be sure. I remember he seemed somewhat miffed because he mumbled something about how we hadn't bought the CD's they were selling at the time. So I retorted well dude, my tickets were $50, gas was $40, food was $35, and "extra extracurricular" items were at least $100 so by my calculations you owe me $65 what do you think about that? Not sure anyone had ever done that to him before so he changed his attitude in the nick of time.

He was already pissed in general because of me even thought he didn't know I was the guy during the show that blurted out my favorite song "Over Your Head" thinking that since he sang it that he wrote it too. Whoops bad call, turns out it's a Spampinato song so you could tell he was not happy about hearing it on his stage. After that point you could tell it affected him and he even ended the show with no warning by just sort of leaving the stage with no word or explanation to speak of. Everyone was left wondering what happened and if that was really the end of the show or what, it was very confusing to say the least. Then someone said well thats it folks drive safe. Right after my faux pas he said to the croud with disdain, "ever feel like you're drunk when you haven't been drinking"...whoops I felt like a heal but oh well it wasn't on purpose just ignorance. I didn't know who wrote it I just knew he sung it and that I loved it. They did a bang up version of Get Rhythm one of my favs. I should have told him he could pay off his debt by giving me that cd he wanted me to buy so much. Still love him but I don't let people get snappy with me, even him, he got the message loud and clear.

Archived