"The Last Resort" TV show

• Members

Anyone see the debut last week? Premise seems to have some promise (hmmm...that's a fun sounding sentence! :D ).

Last Resort is set in the near future about a US military submarine that goes against orders and refuses to fire its nuclear missiles. As a result the crew escapes and takes refuge at a NATO outpost where they set up a society becoming the smallest nuclear state in the world.

http://www.tv.com/shows/last-resort/

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-last-resort-tv-review-20120927,0,2562616.story

• Members

I found Last Resort interesting and promising and will continue to watch. Andre Braugher can be a ham. I hope the director's keep him a bit restrained, rather than let him get all Shatnerish.

Revolution was disappointing, too formulaic, no outstanding actors.

Sherlock Holmes was pretty good, its House meets the Mentalist. It might prove too annoying if they play up the lead's annoying personality too much.

Vegas was OK. It still needs to prove itself to me. I hope Michael Chiklis gets to show his range as an actor.

I haven't seen 666 Park Ave yet, but it looks promising.

• Members

I found Last Resort interesting and promising and will continue to watch. Andre Braugher can be a ham. I hope the director's keep him a bit restrained, rather than let him get all Shatnerish.

Revolution was disappointing, too formulaic, no outstanding actors.

Sherlock Holmes was pretty good, its House meets the Mentalist. It might prove too annoying if they play up the lead's annoying personality too much.

Vegas was OK. It still needs to prove itself to me. I hope Michael Chiklis gets to show his range as an actor.

I haven't seen 666 Park Ave yet, but it looks promising.

Cool thanks for the heads up on last Resort guys, I like drama and sci fi, well in general I like to be told a story. I don't care about dangerous jobs, swamp people, and storage garages. I get enough reality in my reality.

I agree on Revolution, I like the concept. And was hoping for a big network to pull off a real scifi drama that has a chance at surviving and doesn't include Keifer Sutherland. The acting and execution seem like cookie cutter and not a lot of creative energy went into this. Its like get me a hot chick and a tough looking dude lead with some enigmatic lines and make the whole thing look like it cutting room scraps from the hunger games and it'll work.

I'm fan of the Revenge series, which is kinda of a soap. we'll see how they do this year. It may be hard to repeat the same level of intrigue without getting repetitive. it was my favorite new show last year, but it could get old.

Sherlock Holmes, I'm mixed. Cause I'm fan of the story, and I hope doesn't get to be a fish out of water like scenario. I like the BBC version of Sherlock. But I also love Lucy Liu and this lead actor is charming, but will it get to be too witty for itself. And also it seems to be teeter on going off the reservation.

I want to like Person of Interest. Because I like the actors in it. But I can't seem to stay awake thru an episode of that.

And whats up that 666 park, is it like some kind horror soap opera?

• Members

I'm glad Hard Truth brought up other TV shows. I shoulda made the subject header broader.

I liked the pilot show. They seemed to cram a lot of stuff in there, and there's a lot of potential for interesting plot lines to spin off from what they showed. I liked Andre Braugher's character so far. Hopefully there's some interesting plot twists and odd things happening as the show goes on.

As for Revolution, I've been a bit confused by the trailers. Some seem really compelling, while others seem really cheesy and formulaic, so I don't think I'm gonna tune in. I don't watch much TV aside from movies and sporting events because I'm usually quite busy, so committing to a TV series is not easy. It's gotta really grab me before I start watching.

• Members

666 Park Ave didn't live up to my hopes. It imitates the Shining fairly effectively with its look (esp the photography) and plot without achieving the weirdness and strong element of surprise of that film. That's not surprising since movie and TV makers have been imitating the Shining since it came out and, so far, this show hasn't distinguished itself from the pack. I was hoping for a little bit more of a Polanski touch, some weirdness (i.e Polar bears) and/or an element of campy humor that is not there in the first episode.

Terry O'Quinn (Locke on Lost) was an excellent choice for his devilish role, but the protagonists, a naive young yuppie couple, are a annoying stereotypical.

If they can sharpen the writing and stop imitating the Shining, this can become a good series. The concept and production values are promising, so I'll give the show a couple more chances before giving up on it.

Archived