Craig - This was reported as an attack site

philbo

• Members

FYI

Here's what I got when I logged in to SSS today:

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for acapella.harmony-central.com

What is the current listing status for acapella.harmony-central.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 276 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-10-02, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-10-02.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including amp*ge.org/. (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12)

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS13649 (VINS), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, acapella.harmony-central.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.

* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

• Members

Attack site? Maybe they meant the Political Party?

As vociferous as it get's down there I can't imagine it as the source otherwise where would the "living in Moms basement Geek's" have to go to spout their venom.

Political Party should be a forum on it's own and should not be attached to a Music site but as Craig say's it's what brings in the traffic to the forum dern it(Old Fart speaking).

hope they sort this problem out my friend.

• Members

I just got an email from Craig. He said...

We're safe, and not infectious. Someone probably linked to, or more likely hotlinked to an image from amp*ge.net, and we're now guilty by association, even though even Google is reporting no one got infected from us, and there's zero malware on our site. (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12)

They're trying to get it fixed, and at some point, someone has to contact Google to get that cleared up - it's in IT's hands at the moment. Please pass the word that the site's safe!

• Members

ScreenShot2012-10-02at70223PM.png

You get it every damn time.....when you open HC, when you go to a forum, when you click on a thread, when you click preview......this time I will try just do a quick post but the last regular preview/post failed. Kept getting the warning. Also, right after you click ignore...you get an Apple OS pop up asking you if you are sure you want to continue. Annoying.

• Members

ScreenShot2012-10-02at70223PM.png

You get it every damn time.....when you open HC, when you go to a forum, when you click on a thread, when you click preview......this time I will try just do a quick post but the last regular preview/post failed. Kept getting the warning. Also, right after you click ignore...you get an Apple OS pop up asking you if you are sure you want to continue. Annoying.

If you are using Safari, you can open preferences and turn off the warning. I prefer Firefox, but that was the first fix I found (thanx Moogerfooger) that worked. I just wonder if this is some kind of attack like happened a few years ago in December. There's apparently nothing wrong with this site, but those kind of warnings will keep folks away.

• Members

If you are using Safari, you can open preferences and turn off the warning. I prefer Firefox, but that was the first fix I found (thanx Moogerfooger) that worked. I just wonder if this is some kind of attack like happened a few years ago in December. There's apparently nothing wrong with this site, but those kind of warnings will keep folks away.

Right is there a way to exclude this site? Without turning off the feature completely in firefox. As far as, I've seen in FF you can turn off the entire feature, but not just exclude. I'm not a fan of chrome or IE, and I'm on a PC so FF is it.

• Members

We're safe, and not infectious. Someone probably linked to, or more likely hotlinked to an image from amp*ge.net, and we're now guilty by association, even though even Google is reporting no one got infected from us, and there's zero malware on our site. (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12)

They're trying to get it fixed, and at some point, someone has to contact Google to get that cleared up - it's in IT's hands at the moment. Please pass the word that the site's safe!

Actually, Google did not report zero infection.

It reported: "Of the 276 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent."

Good that it's over, but no need to Nineteen-Eighty-Four it. :phil:

• Moderators

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=acapella.harmony-central.com

What is the current listing status for acapella.harmony-central.com?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1490 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 20 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-10-06, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-10-02. Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including
amp*ge.org/

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including
AS13649 (VINS)
AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone)

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, acapella.harmony-central.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Terry D.

Archived