Harmony-Central Reported Attack Page?

Beck

• Members

My browser gave me this warning when I clicked on my bookmark for SSS tonight. Alright yoos guys... cut it out! There's nothing on my computer worth the trouble. LOL Well I ignored the warning anyway. There must be some mistake. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349159[/ATTACH]

Someone probably linked or hotlinked to another site, and that site is hosting something less than kosher. Notice that the reports from Google give us (HC) a clean bill of health in that we have not infected anyone... the problem lies elsewhere.

I've reported this to IT and we're definitely working on it. If you happen to run across any links to, or hotlinked images that are hosted on amp*ge.org, please note the thread link and post number and send it to me in a PM and I'll take care of it. (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12)

Thanks!

Oh, and if you'd like to see screen shots of the reports (showing that HC isn't the source of the problem), you can view them in this thread.

• Members

I am at least a bit concerned about this from the FF block-explanation page:

Of the 276 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-10-02, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-10-02.

That sure sounds like acapella.harmony-central.com was the vector for a driveby.

Archived