It Was 50 Years Ago Today

Mark L

• Members

that 'Love Me Do' was released in the UK

And the rest, as they say, is history....

I think I'll listen to The Fabs all day as I drive around Liverpool in my small car, delivering and collecting dental lab work. And then home to yet more Beatles and strong cider :)

(And then do some more work on my latest tune :o)

• Members

It was 49 years ago about now that JFK was still alive, I heard "Please Please Me"six or seven times on the radio..... it bombed on the charts, including here locally... I didn't think much of the song... there was a tiny news article in the paper, describing the Beatles effect a world away and the article seemed silly.. the small pic of the band seemed... sillier. What a difference the next 14 weeks would create.

It was 47 years ago that I discovered groupies. I personally thank the Beatles for that, even though the didn't invent it.

It was 40 years ago today (give or take), that I bought a second Teac 3340 so that I could ping-pong tracks between machines to get more tracks.

It was 31 years ago about now that I bought my first digital mixdown machine... a Technics sh100 14 bit convertor connected to a vcr. I was ecstatic for the next six or seven years.

It was 17 years ago (give or take), that I got to talk to Craig Anderton on the phone for a few seconds and he enthusiastically told me that he "had to hang up now".

This has been a most wonderful time in history to live.

• Members

It was 17 years ago (give or take), that I got to talk to Craig Anderton on the phone for a few seconds and he enthusiastically told me that he "had to hang up now".

I got the chance to talk to Craig Anderton on Skype recently. I bottled out :o

• Members

Was that when the explosion happened? Or was it the saucer landing in the front yard? I don't remember. In any event, it...

Ooops, gotta go.

• Members

I can't believe no one mentioned an event of extreme importance: on this day (October 6) in 105 BC, at the battle of Arausio the Cimbri inflicted a huge defeat to the Roman army of Gnaeus Mallius Maximus.

On a more "SSS" kinda note, in 1927 the first movie with a soundtrack debuted: "The Jazz Singer."

Archived